Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: History of Soi Twilight

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: History of Soi Twilight

On looking up on Waterstones ( large UK book seller) I see the book is out of print just now it seems ( I'll have to go look for my copy in case it's worth a million ! :-)

I did see the one and only review that someone left which I felt summed the book up fairly well, it went as follows :

"The book appealed to me as I was interesting in reading why child prostitution is still occurring and how that situation is. The more pages I read, the more I knew that the book was not going to give me an answer to that. The book is written by a male prostitute that ends up in go-go bars because of his own decisions and mistakes. It is not a story of a stolen childhood. It is a story of a male prostitute and his motivations to be in this industry. Because I got a wrong image of the book when i bought it, it was really disapointing. However, if the cover of the book was honest, I would still have found it interesting. I have been in Thailand for quite a while yet and the cultural differences and barriers that occur to me, are being discribed from the Thai perspective. Therefore, I found it nice to read. A thought the story would be about a boy, not about a man that is 22 when he first sells his body and at age 44 discovers that he has taken the wrong path in life"

2. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 3rd, 2021)