Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Phuket Sandbox open; TAT awards “Amazing Dodgems” moniker

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Phuket Sandbox open; TAT awards “Amazing Dodgems” moniker

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Of the people I know who died with covid, one was dying anyway, caught covid in one of our NHS hospitals and is hence recorded as a covid death. The other was 94. Looking at the UK stats, this common.

Meanwhile the average age of road traffic deaths is likely to be well under 40.
    I for one totally fail to understand this odd desire to equate car accidents with covid. I realise that those in the debate are talking about deaths. But covid is far from all about deaths. It is about entire national and international economies. A car crash affects relatively few people. For the state, perhaps the time of a few cops, a few nurses and a doctor or two, and a company to tow away the wreck. Total cost to the state - not more than 50,000 baht.

This pandemic is affecting the lives and livelihoods of several millions of Thais and costing the country quite a large fortune. An entire industry that contributes something close to 20% of GDP is on life support. Top keep talking only about deaths is frankly nonsense.

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (July 12th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 13th, 2021), TaoR (July 12th, 2021)