Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Me again.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Me again.

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    Well, I don't bloody know... I'm blind, so quite obviously I can't see the dimensions on an image, now can I?

I'm just going off what Leo said, because he's a signatory on the family farm. And that form produces I guess 11 tonnes of rice per-harvest, which means it's a really fucken big farm, so I'm fairly confident he knows about the land ownership rules in Laos.
    That piece of land is not big. Listen, I have been going to Lao for well over a decade, and have been in a relationship with a Lao for 13 years. There is no way a mere land ownership transfer for a small piece of land would cost 15,000 baht, again that's four month salaries. Be realistic please.

Not to mention the fact that this guy claims that he cannot go to Australia without it, absolute bollocks, he could be out of the country with just his passport and be on his way to Trendy Building on Sukhumvit to get the visa (providing they process Lao citizens there) right now.

OP claimed this in the other thread:

"I actually meant the police or government want this money to check his land so they know he has s omething to come back to. "

Oh my, why oh why would the Lao government care about him having something to come back to ? My boyfriend (6x) his brother (one time) have been going to my home country for three months visits.

They just cross the border and go to Krung Thep where we get the visa done. And all of those times I have acted as guarantor which alleviates most of the requirements from the foreigner intended to visit. Including the letter from employer, any cash requirements.

Yes the Oz government will be the one concerend about this guy having something to go back to, but I don't think that would be too much of a burden. I am guessing the biggest hurdle would be the lenght of their relationship.
    Last edited by justaguy; June 13th, 2017 at 14:54.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    ..... I am guessing the biggest hurdle would be the lenght of their relationship.
    Which, if Australian immigration is anything like the UK's, will have to be proved - no easy feat!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by scottish-guy View Post
    Which, if Australian immigration is anything like the UK's, will have to be proved - no easy feat!
    Yeah, well a few photos together might actually do the trick. a nice letter explaining the relationship might also help.