Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Dogs - New Tricks

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Old Dogs - New Tricks

I’ve already resigned myself to the fact that this global virus and its army of mutations is here to stay, and I just have to get used to it. It’s not going anywhere, and I’m not going anywhere either, so there’s only one option left on the table, and that’s for me to accept the fact that we have to coexist on the same planet, and, like it or not, I have to alter my lifestyle in a way that keeps my partner and I safe to compensate for this reality. The older I get – the more I resist change.

Similar to adjusting my lifestyle when I was preparing for retirement, I’ve been going through the same thought-process in preparation for the future. Some of the more tangible changes that have already been made include setting up Skype, Zoom, and Line, social networking capabilities to be able to communicate in real-time with friends and family members back in my home country. I have to accept the unpleasant reality that traveling internationally is not going to be in the cards going forward except for family emergencies.

I increased my Thai Health Insurance Coverage to include Covid coverage (Immigration mandate), as well as additional IP and OP coverage. Relying on Medicare as a backup in the U.S. to use in a pinch is now off the table.

Knowing that the virus and/or its mutations are here to stay, I’ve decided to strengthen my immune system for obvious reasons. I’m doing this by Increasing my daily exercise routine, having a better controlled diet (less carbs & fat + higher protein and nutrients), and boosting my immune system by increasing my daily consumption of “Probiotics”. I switched from Acidophulis (1 million cells) which I’ve been taking for years to Advanced Potency Probiotic (20 billion cells) to accomplish this. Note: Probiotics have been proven to be the number 1 supplement for boosting the immune system and protecting against covid and other virus’s.

I now spend more time at (and in) the ocean. Again, good exercise, and breathing cleaner air also helps boost the immune system. Makes me hornier too…LOL

I’m currently shopping for a small boat to be able to start visiting the small islands off the coast. This will open up more opportunities for fishing, snorkeling, sight-seeing on the islands, etc., and also helps compensate for taking fewer road trips here in Thailand. This will be something new that Jai and I can do together that’s away from clusters of people and closer to nature.

We’ve already started cooking more at home and eating out less which is now ingrained in our lifestyles.

Change Sucks!

I’ll miss my annual flights home to visit family…eating what I want versus what I need, visiting periodic nightly entertainment venues, and the simplicity of life (not having to bother with new communication technologies, etc.), but, with a good tail wind and a little of help from Buddha, I should be healthier and even more active than before…and be able to breathe easier just knowing that I don’t have to try to control something that’s out of my control.

2. 8 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (July 29th, 2021), christianpfc (July 30th, 2021), dinagam (July 29th, 2021), Doofus (July 29th, 2021), goji (July 29th, 2021), Kenny (July 29th, 2021), splinter1949 (July 31st, 2021), vnman (July 29th, 2021)

Liked

Re: Old Dogs - New Tricks

It's not going to be at 17,500 cases per-day forever, Dodger. You're right, this will probably morph into an endemic and we'll never totally eradicate Covid, but don't fret, you'll be able to relax with other strangers later down the road.

Liked

2000 cases of Bubonic Plague annually.
    Over 200'000 cases of Leprosy in 2018.
    1800 cases of Rabies in 2017.

They don't affect us and in time neither will Covid.

5. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (July 29th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I suspect Covid will be more like flu. Periodically coming around to infect the population and with death rates comparable with flu, after the population is vaccinated.
    The UK may already at that stage, since the death rate amongst the vaccinated in the current wave looks like it might be below that of a bad flu season. We don't have all these lockdowns for flu & there is no reason to keep them in place for Covid.

The death rate amongst anti-vaxxers is somewhat higher, but that's the price for being stupid.

7. 8 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (July 29th, 2021), Andaman! (July 30th, 2021), BenCH (July 30th, 2021), Dodger (July 29th, 2021), gerefan2 (July 29th, 2021), Kenny (July 29th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 30th, 2021), vnman (July 29th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Probiotics have been proven to be the number 1 supplement for boosting the immune system and protecting against covid and other virus’s.
    [citation needed]
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

9. User who gave Like to post:

francois (July 29th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    [citation needed]
    Good luck finding one that's current.

Clinical sudies involving probiotics and covid still underway and/or under peer review ay University of Colorado in the U.S. Conclusive results show Probiotics benefitial, specifically Lactobacillus acidophilus, at boosting immune system and helping to prevent covid. I have a family member who is a respected Nutritionist in the U.S who I rely on for this informaion. Hopefully reports showing these clinical results will be made public soon. I should have made that clear in my post.

If you're interested in boosting you immune system, fish oil with Omega-3 and a good multi-vitamin/mineral supplement are also highy recemmended.

Liked

Bubonic plague easily cured with antibiotics
    Leprosy stopped in its tracks by several effective drug regimens
    Rabies now held off with one shot

Covid capable of mutating among the un- vaccinated anywhere, and becoming more deadly.

However, I love an optimist.
    \
    Last edited by christianpfc; July 30th, 2021 at 18:50. Reason: fix quotation

12. User who gave Like to post:

mr giggles (July 31st, 2021)

Liked

Not to mention, Covid has 197 million reported cases so far. And that's official reported and tested number, so it's probably just a tad higher.

Liked

Those diseases are comparably low in numbers and geographically restricted.
    To get something comparable to Covid, you would have to quote Malaria and HIV.
    And these can affect everyone among the readership!

Liked

You three missed the point entirely and I can't be bothered to explain it.