Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Expat Vaccine Registration

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Expat Vaccine Registration

According the Bangkok Post article linked below, Expats can begin registering for their vaccine(s) on June 7th. The policies supporting vaccine distribution have been in a constant state-of-flux, so this start date may possibly change.

You'll need to Register at an Approved Hospital - so it would probably make sense to ask your local hospital about this in advance just to be prepared.

We already know that Moderna, which is the most effective vaccine at the moment (95% efficacy), won't be available in Thailand till around the fourth quarter...God willing, and the creek don't rise.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...rs-from-june-7

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Expat Vaccine Registration

Most Western embassies in Bangkok have confirmed that their citizens already in Thailand must rely on Thai sources for vaccination - they will not be vaccinated by their embassies: https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/...ne-next-month/

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Most Western embassies in Bangkok have confirmed that their citizens already in Thailand must rely on Thai sources for vaccination - they will not be vaccinated by their embassies: https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/...ne-next-month/
    This article reports that as well as expats being able to register from 7th June, there may also be walk in slots available at that time for expats over 60s, depending on the hospital(and presumably availability of vaccines).

Further, no point in waiting for the good old USA to ride in with freezers full of Moderna for their citizens as:

“The Department of State does not provide direct medical care to private U.S. citizens abroad and has no current plans to provide vaccinations,” a U.S. Embassy spokesperson said. “We continue working with the Royal Thai Government to advocate that they provide equal vaccine access to residents of all nationalities because none of us is safe until all of us are safe.”

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Pattaya Memorial Hospital has started the Vaccine Registration Process.

I went there this morning to sign up which took all of five minutes.

They don't know when the vaccine(s) will arrive, what types of vaccines will be available, or the exact cost. The nurse who handed my Registration said they are waiting to find out these things themselves from the government. Go figure!

I plan to Register at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital as well when they start the process (supposedly June 7).

Just an opinion: I don't believe a Central Covid Registration Database (shared between hospitals) exists, and probably won't be invented in this epoch. My Registration this morning involved filling out a paper form - which was placed inside a cardboard box when complete. I think I spotted Fred Flintstone pass me in the hallway.

In case anyone's interested: Pattaya Memorial Hospital is located just off the intersection of Second Road and Pattaya Klang in central Pattaya.

5. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 30th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I don't believe a Central Covid Registration Database (shared between hospitals) exists, and probably won't be invented in this epoch. My Registration this morning involved filling out a paper form - which was placed inside a cardboard box when complete. I think I spotted Fred Flintstone pass me in the hallway.
    Look at the bright side, you can get one of each vaccine this way! Get the Chinese one first since it'll probably be first available, followed up by a Moderna, then a J&J later on.

Can't do that in Canada, because they know exactly who's gotten a vaccine, and it's one per-person. Sounds like a bit of a free for all in Thailand though, so you can get vaccinated as many times as you'd like. That's pretty cool.

Liked

I would definitely avoid Pattaya Memorial Hospital. A minor procedure a few years ago. Had to wait all day cos only one consultant. Gay and giggly theatre technician who I wanted to punch. Armfuls of drugs to carry away. 55000 baht.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (May 29th, 2021), goji (May 29th, 2021)

Liked

I tried to register at 'customer service' at Samitivej hospital on Thursday. They had no idea what I wanted. In the end they said that I should "use the app to register on the 7th of June".
    They had no idea of "The Deputy Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has confirmed that plans have been scrapped for any mobile app or online registration for foreigners, as the data on foreigners living in Thailand is scattered between many agencies. No centralized database exists to use for a mobile app to verify people for a vaccine appointment."

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/d...up-for-vaccine

OR have there been more u-turns?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I would definitely avoid Pattaya Memorial Hospital.
    I disagree. It's certainly the smallest and most basic of Pattaya's three private hospitals, but I’ve had very professional and satisfactory service there at reasonable prices. One can have a bad experience at any hospital, of course. I've heard several horror stories about the Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital, by far Pattaya's biggest (and most expensive).

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (May 29th, 2021), Ruthrieston (May 30th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post

......Had to wait all day cos only one consultant. Gay and giggly theatre technician who I wanted to punch. Armfuls of drugs to carry away. 55000 baht.
    LOL...Just too funny!

Liked

I managed to register with the Memorial Hospital online, although I doubt if I shall hear from them. BHP refused to accept online registration, as did the International Hospital. In any case I plan to wait for the Moderna vaccine, and I doubt that it will be available before October at best and then there will be a free for all rush to access it. Wait and see is all I can do really.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (May 30th, 2021)