Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pink Tulip hotel?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Pink Tulip hotel?

Stayed there early January. Got a room at the front, with a balcony.

Yeah it was noisy. Seems like a couple of nightclubs have opened up in, or near, that alleyway.

Ah well, I did want to be in Phạm Ngũ Lão, ground zero of Saigon Nightlife. Got what I paid for, didn't I?

(BTW, District 1 is visibly getting bigger, louder, more expensive, and more touristy. Can't hold back progress I suppose. )

The hotel features are a bit worn, but very nice and tasteful.

The staff at the Tulip were excellent. No complaints. Except that the place suffers for lack of a 24 hour front desk. To get back in after 12, I had to wake up the bloke who sleeps in the lobby. The manager swore that was ok, that it wasn't a problem, and I should feel free to stay out and enjoy the Nightlife as much as I want. I still felt sorry for the poor guy though.

Would I stay there again? Definitely, if when I go to Saigon again, I have to pick a hotel room in a hurry. If not, I'd probably do my favourite trick of booking a backpackers for $5, using the locker there to stash my luggage, while for looking for a proper hotel room on foot. Nothing beats seeing the room before you book it.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (May 1st, 2018)