FAQ & Help

Thread: Ex reached out after 4 months post break up.. need advices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Ex reached out after 4 months post break up.. need advices

Dear Sweetlover,

Your letter is honest,open and sincere, and there is little room for misinterpretation, which is a positive in this circumstance.

As to why he got back in touch, you know him better than us, but I could guess that, with hindsight he realised that you had treated him well, and/or that he had treated you less well than you deserved. He was 19, we make a lot of mistakes then and sometimes can't see the wood for the trees and emotions run high.

However you should stick to your belief that it is best to let you recover from the breakup and move on to a different kind of relationship.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Robby (April 24th, 2018)

Liked

Re: Ex reached out after 4 months post break up.. need advices

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Dear Sweetlover,

Your letter is honest,open and sincere, and there is little room for misinterpretation, which is a positive in this circumstance.

As to why he got back in touch, you know him better than us, but I could guess that, with hindsight he realised that you had treated him well, and/or that he had treated you less well than you deserved. He was 19, we make a lot of mistakes then and sometimes can't see the wood for the trees and emotions run high.

However you should stick to your belief that it is best to let you recover from the breakup and move on to a different kind of relationship.
    Thanks you Brad for your insight! Your answer is quite interesting as youre the first one that actually told me that. The other people ive asked think that its probably some kind of passive-agressive narcissist game and that he has moved on but just want to reach out to see how i actually.

Anyway, ill go no contact again and not engage in conversation with him. If he want to do it he can but ill keep focusing on myself. It just sucks that he had to reach out again after 4 months. :\