Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Tales from the Dragon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Tales from the Dragon

Lockdown is coming to an end here. Just as I was happy to post that life here was great when seemingly the rest of the world was fucked I'm ready to admit it's been truly horrible for so many reasons.

For a start is was an actual locked in with becapped Communist Party gnomes guarding locked gates. 7.00am loudspeakers along every corridor calling everyone down to have a huge swab rammed down your throat. At night an endless tooing and froing of flashing lighted ambulances and police cars everywhere. The city management desperately trying to save themselves from the wrath of the party for their incompetence in the first place.

Food was never an issue, in fact I ate rather well, much better than the two weeks I spent in quarantine in March 2020 when I lived on nothing else but instant noodles and biscuits because someone was bringing it to me and I didn't want to put her to any trouble. But coffee got very low and at one point I thought I might run out of cigarettes when I was down to just one carton.

Plus ask any foreigner and they'll confirm 'the Chinese collective.' This is where the Chinese get together and collectively decide it's the foreigner's fault. Myself and my fellow wide eyes had real worries about bring arbitrarily taken away just so the authorities can tell their ruthless bosses they're dealing with the problem.

This last 21 days has however totally confirmed something I've often wondered about. My sentence involved staying in.my apartment with its view of the city, delicious food whenever I wanted it, cigarettes, coffee, unlimited internet access with an almost unlimited selection of tv shows and movies, hot power showers at will and all the comforts of a well appointed home. And I still found it difficult. So for me it's confirmed my opinion...These people like Harvey Weinstein, Phil Spector, Ghislaine Maxwell etc who are facing insurmountable evidence and odds and with it very very long sentences. I can't understand why they don't simply go into a locked room with a gun and end it because I think that is definitely preferable to incarceration.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

splinter1949 (September 4th, 2021), TaoR (September 4th, 2021)