Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pattaya Update: From the Trenches

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Pattaya Update: From the Trenches

I noticed a few surprising changes in Pattaya during my motorbike tour around town this week:

Many of the businesses which are supposed to be closed under the lockdown restrictions are now finding creative ways to keep operating - at least the best they can in the current climate.

Many are doing this by placing the products they sell outside the business on the sidewalks versus allowing customers to enter their businesses. I drove along the soi next to TukCom and saw several tables set up along the outside of the building displaying smart phones and accessories which were apparently carted down from one of the floors inside TukCom. This has been going on at TukCom for several weeks now.

I also noticed many other retail shops in various paces around town who had opened their front doors and placed a ribbon across the doorway. This way customers can order what they want from the seller without entering the business proper. Businesses all over town seem to have adopted this creative method of doing business which serves the public well and allows the businesses to at least make a little money. My hat's off to them all.

Many of the homeless people who could be seen along Jomtien and Pattaya beach fronts are now almost all gone. The Pattaya Mayors program to transfer the homeless to a Home for the Destitute in Banglamung appears to be working.

One exception is one of the homeless boys I mentioned in the post entitled "Homeless Boys" who seems to be refusing to relocate. I spotted an old blanket fashioned into a make-shift hammock with somebody sleeping inside near Dong Tan Beach. There was someone sleeping inside this contraption which was dangling between two trees, with an empty water bottle and a pair of sandals lying on the ground nearby. I had my suspicions who it was. I called his name, and out pops a head with messy hair appearing like a chicken that had just been hatched from an egg. It was him,,,smiling as if he didn't have a care in the world. I asked him what in the hell he was doing, and his response was..."they told us we couldn't sleep on the sidewalk anymore." After complimenting the lovely ocean view from his new dwelling, I handed him some food money and told him better days are ahead.

As hard as things are in Pattaya right now, it just refuses to go down. The businesses are ordered shut - but not all are. The massage parlors are ordered shut - but a massage can still be found. Restaurants are ordered shut - but food can still be had. The boy bars are ordered closed - but even that can be had too.

This is the greatest test of Pattaya's resilience - and I'm still betting on Pattaya.

2. 12 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (August 26th, 2021), arsenal (August 26th, 2021), aussie (August 27th, 2021), christianpfc (August 26th, 2021), goji (August 26th, 2021), Josan (August 30th, 2021), Lotusleaf (August 26th, 2021), Moses (August 26th, 2021), Oliver2 (August 27th, 2021), poshglasgow (August 31st, 2021), Ruthrieston (August 27th, 2021), splinter1949 (August 28th, 2021)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Pattaya Update: From the Trenches

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    As hard as things are in Pattaya right now, it just refuses to go down. The businesses are ordered shut - but not all are. The massage parlors are ordered shut - but a massage can still be found. Restaurants are ordered shut - but food can still be had. The boy bars are ordered closed - but even that can be had too.

This is the greatest test of Pattaya's resilience - and I'm still betting on Pattaya.
    Resilience or adaptation? I believe like so many places in the world people are learning to adapt to a world with Covid there is no other choice. We all adapt from cooking at home to ordering delivery for food and use online retailers like Amazon or here in Thailand Lazada. Adaptation will lead to permanent changes. You mentioned massage places but even vaccinated are you comfortable going with someone knowing they might carry the virus, I am sure you realize the living conditions these workers live in like multiple customers and many sleeping crowded in one room surly the same applies to the boys left here that frequent hornet etc. I have a few regulars but don’t think for a moment that I am not concerned even about them.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    ...people are learning to adapt to a world with Covid there is no other choice...
    The activities reported by Dodger are not adaptations to Covid, but to government-imposed restrictions of public life.

From the point of view of these people, and mine as well, the problem is not Covid, but how governments react to Covid. If Covid were the problem, you would not have to impose curfews and lockdowns, people would to so themselves for fear of getting sick.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Resilience or adaptation?
    I used the term "resilience" because to me this represents peoples positive reactions to a negative circumstance.

People reacting in a negative manner to negative circumstances would probably be an indication that they were lacking the resilience needed to adapt successfully.

I agree with the risks associated with having sex with the boys right now, but without some "risk" what fun would life be?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I agree with the risks associated with having sex with the boys right now, but without some "risk" what fun would life be?
    Dodger, you have written you only have sex with your boyfriend. Who are these others boys you are risking with?

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Dodger, you have written you only have sex with your boyfriend. Who are these others boys you are risking with?
    You have to envy Dodger he is the consummate optimist even refers to his 30 year old b/f as a boy, all this as he is sitting on the dock of the bay.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (August 27th, 2021), Dodger (August 27th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    The activities reported by Dodger are not adaptations to Covid, but to government-imposed restrictions of public life.

From the point of view of these people, and mine as well, the problem is not Covid, but how governments react to Covid. If Covid were the problem, you would not have to impose curfews and lockdowns, people would to so themselves for fear of getting sick.
    You majored in science. Wow. You should move to Florida where people believe as you do. You can see first hand how smart people are when left to their own devices. I sort of believe the leaders who listen to science and impose restrictions, and employers who refuse to let idiots work that are unvaccinated, and infecting those who are vaccinated. Like the leaders of Germany, I DO believe in science.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (August 31st, 2021), Patanawet (August 28th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post

Right now (fortunately) I don't have to risk it with anyone.

If I were unhitched I'm sure I'd be sampling the goods during these lockdowns. Maybe not as many boys...maybe not as often...but I would still have to be having some fun.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

......I am sure you realize the living conditions these workers live in like multiple customers and many sleeping crowded in one room surly the same applies to the boys left here that frequent hornet etc. I have a few regulars but don’t think for a moment that I am not concerned even about them.
    You're "concerned" but you're still doing it.

13. User who gave Like to post:

Manforallseasons (August 29th, 2021)

Liked

Posts unrelated to this thread have been moved here :

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...sonal-finances

A447

15. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (August 30th, 2021)