Beach End unit side facing Jomtien 8th floor

801 92 sq mt
    802 48 sq mt
    803 86 sq mt
    804 48 sq mt

Total 274 sq mt

Completion due July 2006
    standard bare walls no fittings
    Payment yet to be made 5,5 million to buy, plus 80,000 a month for 7 months and final payment of 5.0 million
    Total 11 million baht = only 40,000 per sq meter for private sale.

Any further info required or to view, please ask on this trail, PM me or e-mail at glorious.view@yahoo.com

I hope that my posts will be of use.

Liked

A Flipper

So, you bought these places, and now you're trying to sell them before they've been finished or lived-in. Right? We call it Flipping here in USA, and the flippers are starting to get their comeuppance now. Condo price increases have leveled-off, sales have leveled off because the prices have gotten so outlandish that people won't/can't buy any more.

Flipping: You buy an unfinished condo with the intent of waiting a short period and then selling it again after the asking prices of the other unfinished condos have gone up (because they are 'selling' so well presumably). Problem is: the people buying are flippers.

As an aside, I wonder how many of the units that have been "sold" in the Majestic (91-story monstrosity in Jomtien in another thread) are actually sold to flippers.

Liked

here we go

Gesh, Jimnbkk applying American knowhow. Sorry to go offtopic, but applying U.S. market conditions to property in Thailand is like applying left hand driving rules in a right hand country.

I am sure that Jimnbkk knows a bit about Thai or Asian real property knowhow. Usually new property developments are sold at a discount to investors. In this way, the developer has extra money to continue on the project while investors...well being investors, can make some profit. This is nothing different than buying stocks or bonds. This is a concept for real property investments that has been around Asia for ages.

Obviously, if TeePee can sell his property at the asking price, then it is fair market value. If he cannot, then he misjudged the market.

Sounds like a fair price to me. A new flipper can finish the units, and resell for even more profit and then sell to someone like me who doesn't like buying unbuilt property and doesn't like dealing with finishing a unit. The way of the world. So what?

Liked

Flipper?

Well, maybe so. Not sure how it's working there, but you both make some sense. And, maybe my "flipper" accusation sent bad connotation not deserved.

Re: View Talay Five - 4 condos for sale by gay beach

Quote Originally Posted by TeePee
    View Talay 5

Beach End unit side facing Jomtien 8th floor

801 92 sq mt
    802 48 sq mt
    803 86 sq mt
    804 48 sq mt

Total 274 sq mt

Completion due July 2006
    standard bare walls no fittings
    Payment yet to be made 5,5 million to buy, plus 80,000 a month for 7 months and final payment of 5.0 million
    Total 11 million baht = only 40,000 per sq meter
    this is a bundle sale of 4 condos in one transaction?
    why can't you sell them individually?

Liked
    "this is a bundle sale of 4 condos in one transaction?
    why can't you sell them individually?"....why don't you buy them and you can re-sell them bundled or individually. At View Taly 7 the first two corner units (92 & 48) must be sold together but I believe there is no restriction at View Talay 5. The 40k/sqm is well below current market prices and is a good deal, especially beach front property.

"Sky scrappers on Jontium Bay", do you say? I've been poring over my atlas and can't find such a place. Neither does my trusty Websters have an entry for "sky scrapper". Personally, I think LMTU would make a wonderful subject for a linguistics thesis.

Sky Scrappers?

I wouldn't be surprised to find LMTU attempting to sell the sky for scrap...

"and we've even taken the lead of the roof to save you the trouble, guv"

Whether he would succeed or not is whole other story, of course.

I sure hope he does, because I for one would not buy a condo whose lead was not taskened. I'm sure everyone here would agree.