Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wesley - St. Augustine

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Learn from Wesley's experience. Even though he's on {Ignore} his follies are constantly in my thoughts - as, for that matter, are Chao Na's. Getting on to my {Ignore} list can mean I mention you more, not less
    I could care less how much you do or don't mention me. As you know, I don't often rise to the bait you toss out.
    While I can understand having 1 or 2 people on ignore (I've had 2 on my list but they seem to no longer be with us mortals), your longer list is just silly. For a guy who here just to yank chains, you're remarkably over-sensitive. But I guess that's why you love me....

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    ...you're remarkably over-sensitive. But I guess that's why you love me....
    Over-sensitive - yes, it's a cross I bear

Liked

Sorry Bob

I was having a problems with the messegign system it would not shpow your message as sent in sent items so I would work on it, then send it again, I finally gave up and decidedd if you did not get it I would sent it by emal
    All the Best!

Wes

Liked

Re: Rationalizing??

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Fishing
    Well, well, so many views and replies from what was intended largely as a simple 'thank you' to Wesley, whose sentiments here (as well as Bob's, and most of Khor tose's) I agree with. Khor tose, I don't┬а know if I am up to such a leap of faith just yet.Rather than find St Augustine's writings "beautiful", I actually find them interesting and worth studying - no more. I, also, do not agree with a lot of his views, particularly on religious beliefs (as a Theravadan Buddhist and not a Christian that would be difficult) and on others which were "of their time", but I do agree with many others, particularly concerning "Just War".
    I do very┬а much appreciate┬а your┬а toast to Augustine, I was┬а relatively sure it would end up wehre it has, and could not be more happy to express the theology and philosopy of that┬а day. However, undertanding it and agreeing with them are┬а two different things altogether. I think like any books even Ann Rices latest Gay Vampire book on Armand has┬а some merit. It does not mean I believe in Vampires however.All the bst┬а my┬а friend!Wes
    All the Best!

Wes