List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bringing a Phone to Thailand......

Liked

Well, you need your Pocket PC/Phone to keep up with your boys. You need your pocket GPS to help you find things. Mine will take you to the тАЬrecreationalтАЭ cinemas in BKK (really!).

Liked
    Yes Geezer! You hit the nail on the head!

Also, I am very bad with knowing who I am talking to and what our plans were and if there was any plans at all.

But if I use my PDA phone or "Smart Phone" it will show the photo of the guy I am talking to along with his name and any other info I program into the phone.

It takes Butterfly/whore to an all new level
    These are the good'ol days

Liked

I think those who donтАЩt have mobiles do not realize what a burden they are on those who do. A group will agree to meet, the situation will necessitate a change of time or place, all but one can be notified at the push of a button, but the holdout causes a real problem.

Certainly some of us talk too loudly; IтАЩm guilty. Few people know the reason people who speak normally using a landline may speak loudly using a mobile. On a landline you hear your own voice in the earpiece, and unconsciously govern your voice accordingly. On a mobile you cannot hear your voice.

Admittedly their ringing at inappropriate times is an irritation, or worse. I carry a cyanide capsule for use if mine rings at a funeral or concert. I admit to being a gadget freak of the first water.

As a group we are misunderstood in some of the same ways as gays. People say, тАЬYou just do it to attract attentionтАЭ. No we donтАЩt! ItтАЩs an inborn urge. If I were alone on a desert island I would treasure gadgets even more. тАЬWhy canтАЩt you be like other people?тАЭ -- Because God made us this way.

I wonder if we gadget freaks can get a permit to parade from the Pattaya City administration?

last year

I was using my Mobile last year in Thailand and had many call from Belgium, i also send a lot off sms at home i had a bill about 25.000 bath. I think better pay for a new chip and use a Thai net work white a card must be much cheaper.

Liked

PDA Program

Guys... If you are using a PDA... I have found the PERFECT program for you to use!

It is called World Mate Pro! I found it on a CD I purchased for my Palm Pilot when I was in Bangkok (Pantip Plaza purchase).

It is GREAT!

It has tools for almost every element of your travel!

You can check it out at www.mobimate.com

If you like, I can even send you the files to install on your hand-held or you can go and spend 100 baht and buy it yourself in Bangkok.

I just started using it and I love it!

It even has REAL-TIME weather forcast if you are able to access the web with your hand-held.

Liked
    This is their Premium package

Liked
    This is a help for any of you who have a PDA with web access.

Try these links to geet your e-mail in a PDA friendly format.

Hotmail Mobile:
    http://mobile.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx

Yahoo! Mobile Mail:
    http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail

You can also have your e-mail sent to your phone through SMS by joining this site.

http://www.handimail.com/handimail/index.jsp

Re: PDA Program

Quote Originally Posted by bucknaway
    It has tools for almost every element of your travel!
    Does it have built-in head? :twisted: :roll: :P