List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Seating, New Times & New Year!

Karma Alone

Quote Originally Posted by GayThailand
    I see your Karma is down on here. I am going to applaud you to raise it a bit. I hope that helps wiith your disappointments.
    I hate being interfered with. My mother warned me about people like you :oops:

Let Me Tell Yu is right

to post his criticisms. It would be just mean not to let a business owner in Pattaya know why his customers were disappearing.

It's already had a positive affect with American Teacher stating he will look into his claims. This can only be good for his business and he could come out a winner because of it.

I'm sure LMTU will give Niddy's Nook a second chance if he's a resident in Pattaya. American Teacher should be glad someone is prepared to tell him the truth..he's got everything to win and lose and I think everyone would rather see him come out on top.

Constructive Feedback Is What Its About

DELETED

I am disapointed in this owner of NIDDYS for the comments he made about me on this board which were unprofessional.As a former supporter of his business I was most shocked by his threats.

However its time for me to move on and its a new year and i wish him all the best in his business.Whilst i wont be going back to his business I think providing constructive feedback to any business is important.

It doesnt mean you are actually putting the business down.Its a bit like some organisations which have staff appraisals every 12 months saying where you can improve your skills etc.Nobody can perfect .Whilst i was going to say everybody deserves another chance,i would be lying if i said that so i wont in this case.However sometimes you need to be broadminded and understand difficulties that sometimes occur.Obvoiusly if they kept occuring well its a different story and i guess you move on to somewhere else rather than keep complaining because that venue doesnt suit you or wishes.Im not a fussy customer like some on here are and i am a big tipper to staff even if sometimes the service is not good but if i see someone genuinelly working hard i usually tip,only in Thailand as in Australia we dont tip generally.For eg,I was in MK Restaurant with my ex BF for one of his business lunches and we waited a long time for a certain dish,however the waiter was polite and i noticed worked hard so i tipped him 500b,he was shocked but i noticed he was doing the job of about 3 people so he desrved it,the service from management was no good but the waiter still worked hard. As i said i wont be going back to NIDDYS ,there is nothing wrong with saying that,its my right to spend money where i choose.I never did get an apology from the owner and i dont expect one,i just choose to move on with no hard feelings wishing them best of luck ,i always like to see people successful.

shocking !!

The thing that disturbed me more was this guy thinking I was some old guy.

a terrible thought :?

I get threatened most days of the week

do you think it may be something you said ? :cry:

It can be very upsetting to have bad service and bad food when entertaining or when you suggest a place with friends.

My thinking has always been to contact the management and let them know what happened which gives them the chance to make amends and to correct their organization to prevent any recurrence. it is really doing them a favour.

If then no satisfactory response is forthcoming I might consider publishing a critical report to the large number of their potential customers on this forum. These are the customers which they have spent quite a bit of time and effort trying to attract - and so contacting by PM is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by jimnbkk
    I'm of the old school: Criticize in private, praise in public. ... I'm sure the owners would have been just as interested in correcting the problem described in a private email as they do on this public board.
    I'm not sure where you get this sanguine view from, Jim. I know of one bar owner whose view is that most of his customers are tourists, they'll get over it, there aren't (and won't be) too many bars like his so he needn't fear for competition, and so he makes sometimes makes soothing noises (if anyone bothers to complain) but does nothing. Sometimes he just barks. I'm quite sure he's not alone in that attitude. There's a separate thread on twin beds at The Tarntawan, about which everyone seems to have a gripe; I'd be surprised if that situation is remedied. There's a bar in Silom Soi 4 to which none of my ex-pat friends in Bangkok will go any longer, despite comments being made directly (and privately) to the (relatively) new ownership

I dont know the bar your talking about homniturn but im sure its not good for business for this bar owner to be sarcastic and make soothing noises to people that complain.He s trying to belittle the people.Why bother going to bars like this to have an arrogant prick do that to you.
    I suppose he picks his mark who he does it to,im sure one day he may get a response from someone who may knock some commonsense into him,literally.My advice to you and take it as Aussie advice is next time you have something to complain about and he starts making soothing noises,immediately bring your "old fella" out and say to ," here mate ,suck on this",holding out your "old fella" with 2 hands around it.

It's money out of their pocket, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    I know of one bar owner whose view is that most of his customers are tourists, they'll get over it, there aren't (and won't be) too many bars like his so he needn't fear for competition, and so he sometimes makes soothing noises (if anyone bothers to complain) but does nothing. Sometimes he just barks. I'm quite sure he's not alone in that attitude.
    No, he's not alone, unfortunately.
    There's a similar bar\bar manager, in Pattaya. I stopped going there seven years ago, and so have, at least; four friends. During that time; by quick, conservative estimate I've spent 250,000 THB on drinks plus, at least; another 125,000 in tips and Offs--In other bars. My friends, much harder drinkers and bigger bawds, bless them, than I, have surely spent much more.
    Well, the owner may say, 'business is fine without you.'
    Reply: 'Um, now about those empty seats....' (That could be occupied.)
    Many tourists DO return to Thailand--And stay for stretches of two or three months at a time, sometimes; twice or more a year--And go out every day and every night; unlike many expats who go to the beach and home: television, boy cooks, Johnny Black on the shelf, boy on the work-bench. (Hey, not knocking it; so would I!)

If 'he' (The business owner.) wants to cop an attitude, fine; it's money out of his pocket, not mine. I go where I feel wanted--And return to those places trip-after-trip, many times per trip--And even may give some word-of-mouth. Sometimes service is slow (Hint: Ask what's fast if you're in a hurry.) but the--good--waiters come around and let us know we aren't forgotten; joke or chat a while: remember a conversation we had months ago (!), maybe offer something to nibble. (No, not that!) (Damn it!)

Old saying(s):
    'Know your customer.'
    'A happy customer might return. An unhappy customer won't come back--And will be sure to tell everyone he knows.'