Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Dodger's Trip Report Nov 2007

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

oh kenc

Quote Originally Posted by kenc
    Well so far, by my count, we have 31 posters getting out their handkerchiefs to wipe their eyes, throwing rice and wishing the new couple well.
    :hb: :mar: :hb: :hello1: :headbang: :hello1:

And we only have 4 old crummudgeons farting in the chapel. :bur2:
    Talk about "Cut to the chase". Beautifully said.

I realise that everone's opinions cannot be the same and indeed should not. But let's face it, nobody said you should "clap him on the back and say well done" but is "chok dee" too bitter for the grumblebums to manage? IMHO.

CHOK DEE! Dodger.

Re: oh kenc

Quote Originally Posted by krobbie
    But let's face it, nobody said you should "clap him on the back and say well done" but is "chok dee" too bitter for the grumblebums to manage? IMHO.

CHOK DEE! Dodger.
    Well krobbie, going by a few of the posts here, I guess it is. Having lived in Issan for six years, I have to agree with Kevin, that Dodger will tire of the buffaloes and other animal life sooner rather than later. However, as long as he doesn't tire of Su, or Su of him, they have as much chance of their relationship succeeding as any other one of us here.

As far as I am concerned, it is better to have tried and failed, than never to have tried at all. So on that note, Chok Dee once again from me Dodger.

George.

Liked
    OK, sammyJ. You've made your point...several times now...and your words have not been erased by the enemies of free speech. I'm sure any "silly person" reading this thread has recieved the benefit of your educational posts. Even though 30 (?) other people have done their damnedest to undermine your lesson, you must trust in the completeness of your wisdom and let it drop.

As for Dodger? I would just write him off as having failed in his discipleship to your way of thinking. As they say in TL, "Up to you."

We'll continue to differ on the definition of 'arrogant' and 'rude', but after all, Thailand is my primary holiday destination, so I'm quite used to culture shock.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Bored of the Barnyard

George,

You raised an excellent point, one in which Su and I discussed many times during the past few months.

George Quote

Well krobbie, going by a few of the posts here, I guess it is. Having lived in Issan for six years, I have to agree with Kevin, that Dodger will tire of the buffaloes and other animal life sooner rather than later. However, as long as he doesn't tire of Su, or Su of him, they have as much chance of their relationship succeeding as any other one of us here.
    With the exception of this last holiday, where my travels outside of Pattaya were limited to the one trip I took to Si Saket, I have always spent a considerable amount of time traveling when in LOS, as this is my #1 hobby. Su, also has a desire to do the same, although in his 21 years, has not gone anywhere with the exception of Pattaya and a few places he's gone with me on these little side-adventures. Having said that, we plan to take one or two of these side-trips around LOS each holiday, including a visit to Pattaya each month to see our friends and to spend a few nights bopping around at the discos.

If I'm able to take early retirement, which is still a long way off in the future, I plan to purchase a condo near the ocean somewhere as our home-away-from-home. We've talked about places Hua Hin or Krabi, but who knows, I'm sure a lot will have changed by then.

Having out modest abode in amongst the family members in Si Saket will serve as a great center point for our travels, as well as our connection point to the family, although, as you have stated, would become too boring on a full time basis.

Plans for next April-May include a trip to Koh Samui for our official honeymoon, a trip to Chiang Mai to visit some of his fathers family members, and a few side trips down to Pattaya to party our asses off. I have a feeling that the time we spend back on the ranch in Si Saket will be a relaxing break.

I would appreciate any feedback on your experiences living in Isaan.

mai pen rai

Forum's veteran
    Liked
    wow, congratulations on your marrage!

It was such a sweet rollercoaster of a journey. It must've been an even bigger rollercoaster for the boy... being seperated from his family, then being accepted back in.

I do wonder though, how long this will be a long distance relationship... ie. how long until you move in permanently with him?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Dodger's Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger
    He just gave me one of thoseтАж- you are being stupid again but I donтАЩt want you to know thatтАЩs what IтАЩm thinking тАУ type of smiles
    lol cute