Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Salaya

Liked

Salaya

Is anyone familiar with the Salaya area of Bangkok? Any hotel, restaurant, or entertainment recommendations? Thanks.

Liked

Salaya

Tambon Salaya is located in Phuttamonton District, Nakon Pathom province (so not really in Bangkok although close to the province limit), quite a distance west of Bangkok. It is home to Mahidol University, which is probably the reason why you are interested in this place.

Transport to Salaya from Bangkok is served with regular public buses (No. 125, 124, 84K,) and air-conditioned buses (No.16) plus microbus (minivan) services from PATA department store in Pinklao and the Faculty of Science on Rama VI Road. There is also a regular train service from Bangkok's Hua Lampong and/or Samsen stations to Salaya for which you could get the detailed timetable (in thai only) on the SRT website at : www.railway.co.th/timetable/time&step.asp

A Google search brings the name of the Salaya Pavilion Hotel with reservations possible through this site : www.hotelthailand.com/bangkok/salayapavilion/index.html

As for entertainment, I guess you should find some like everywhere in Thailand especially close to an university.
    More on my blog at : llz.blogspot.com

Liked
    Thanks, Llz. You always come through with excellent info! And by the way, would you happen to have the links handy for a good internet map of Bangkok, including the Phuttamonton District? The ones that I find are all rather limited in scope. Thanks again.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Maps

Pronto, did you look in the Resources section here? Used to be good maps there.

Liked

Re: Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala
    Pronto, did you look in the Resources section here? Used to be good maps there.
    Ahhh ! No, I didn't! I forgot all about that. That's one of the excellent parts of this site that I've perused much too infrequently. Thanks for the reminder, Brad.

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by pronto
    Thanks, Llz. You always come through with excellent info! And by the way, would you happen to have the links handy for a good internet map of Bangkok, including the Phuttamonton District? The ones that I find are all rather limited in scope. Thanks again.
    Thank you, I am blushing from your compliments ... As for the map, I fear I cannot give you any link, as this area is generally not covered by the Bangkok maps.
    I can only give you an extract of the Thinks.net Map Magic (CD available in BKK along with a great paper map) where the area is only partially covered. Hope this will help to give some idea about this place (where I never set a foot).

The green circle is the Hotel, the yellow lines are the province limits (Nakhon Pathom on the west, Nonthaburi and Bangkok on the east)
    More on my blog at : llz.blogspot.com