Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'll never understand Thailand

Kraut? A fairly innocuous term, don't you think? I mean, at least relative to the horror inflicted on the world by Germany in the last century.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1

Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman
    Kraut? A fairly innocuous term, don't you think? I mean, at least relative to the horror inflicted on the world by Germany in the last century.
    Move on love.

Re: Germany

Quote Originally Posted by krobbie
    Move on love.
    Some people Krobbie are just not capable of moving on. I guess we can always live in hope that they will take the alternative, and move out instead. I guess we shouldn't hold our breath waiting though hey?

G.

Well, if you're not Boygeenyus you ought to be.

Separated at birth?

Oh well, what the hell Ignore/on

It's a bit like, is the glass half full or half empty.

How brilliant that Villa Supermarkets sell alcohol during the afternoon - maybe 24 hours for all I know? How do they do it? Is it legal or not - does anyone care? Their wines are not bargain basement but they do have some at 199 baht a bottle - French muck - and a wide range.

Across the way ( ear plugs at the ready for passing California Fitness' blasting pop music into public
    spaces ) to Wine Connection who rightly obey the laws of the land however ludicrous ( one cannot buy a bottle of Chateau Margeaux 1987 for 120,000 baht for fear a schoolchild may wish to snap it up ).

I rather like Wine Connection ( reputedly wholesale prices but they don't sell anything available anywhere else so how does one know ) I never had a duff bottle from there and their shops are nicely appointed and have occasional tastings. They now have wines in the 200 to 500 baht range. They now deliver. They have quite a number of shops and still offer their wines at shop prices at Sofitel Silom's V9 restaurant. They do seem to be surviving remarkably well despite the restrictive laws.

Now was MRSBUCKET stocking up on 199 baht a bottle wine for Topman's Wine of the Month promotion - 150 baht a glass? I jest. Would he remember? I recall, clearly, shopping at Carrefour and he was checking out nearby. This was November 2005 when the law was new. We eventually combined our liquor purchases to achieve the permitted wholesale amount of 10 liters? Hardly 'breaking news' - or am I just being kind?

Quote Originally Posted by George
    Some people Krobbie are just not capable of moving on. I guess we can always live in hope that they will take the alternative, and move out instead. I guess we shouldn't hold our breath waiting though hey?
    They should take the path Our Resident Bodhisattva has blazed and make up their own religion

Forum's veteran
    Liked

not bg..

boygeenyus had his run and I don't recall him violating the board policies about naming farangs and attacking
    their businesses and reputations. I usually found boygeenyus interesting, althou a tad too prolific.
    At the end, boygeenyus behaved very poorly and it was time to cut the cord.

gomez fong seemed similar at times but directing attacks against named individuals is a no no and I doubt it was bg
    but in the end, it doesn't matter.

If gomez doesn't like the way things are run here, let him post over on hedda's blog web site www.baht-stop.com or
    start his own forum. He could also try gaybutton's forum www.gaythailand.com :cat:

P.S. please stay away from www.gaytingtong as I like that forum...

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Quote Originally Posted by George
    They should take the path Our Resident Bodhisattva has blazed and make up their own religion