Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planning your Xmas hols

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cockodile Hunter
    Is Homintern American? I'd assumed he was a Brit.
    I think your assumption is correct (he's a Brit). But we shouldn't hold it against Queen Elizabeth that the Queen of Bangkok is so obstreperous(*) all the time.

*I probably spelled that wrong (I'm sure Homi, f/k/a The Colonel, will advise if I did).

Liked
    I don't think anyone can predict whether or not there will be any nasty incidents on Election Day. Anyway, Christmas is not a Thai holiday, so how can we blame them for screwing up Westerners' plans to get drunk two days in advance of it? A bit much to ask, don't you think, to ask the Thai government to plan something as crucial as an election around a Christian holiday?
    There's no reason to even pretend to recognize christian holidays in Thailand, and as as an American myself, I couldn't give less of a fuck about christmas. Christmas is a great time to be in a Buddhist country and away from the fanatics. This election is important for the future of Thailand and it's about time foreigners figure that out and show some fucking respect. And it's certainly more important than celebrating the birth of the useless christian sun god.

dboy

Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by Naughty But Nice
    You should realise by now that all Americans think that the world revolves around them and anything that may possible disrupt their plans is to be regarded a heracy.
    read my above post and then kindly go fuck yourself

Dboy

Quote Originally Posted by Dboy
    I don't think anyone can predict whether or not there will be any nasty incidents on Election Day. Anyway, Christmas is not a Thai holiday, so how can we blame them for screwing up Westerners' plans to get drunk two days in advance of it? A bit much to ask, don't you think, to ask the Thai government to plan something as crucial as an election around a Christian holiday?
    There's no reason to even pretend to recognize christian holidays in Thailand, and as as an American myself, I couldn't give less of a fuck about christmas. Christmas is a great time to be in a Buddhist country and away from the fanatics. This election is important for the future of Thailand and it's about time foreigners figure that out and show some fucking respect. And it's certainly more important than celebrating the birth of the useless christian sun god.

dboy
    Heathen!

My location and dates have been in the calendar for months.

Jinks....looks like you will miss the Party at Club One Seven on Christmas Eve. Oh well, your there for New Years!!

I could care less ...

... whether the bar closings for the Thai election disrupt any visitor's boozing or bonking plans - it was merely an advisory. However I did use the TAT's slogan "Amazing Thailand" to sign off with, because there's somewhat of a disconnect between Thailand holding itself out as a tourist destination while at the same time planning a disruption to the very reason many (most?) of those visitors come to Thailand - pleasure. Don't make any assumptions about my opinion - I don't have one. It's all part of the follies and grotesqueries of life, of which Jane Austen writes in that footer, that keep me endlessly amused