Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shocking video!!!

Liked

Re: Hmong in Laos

Quote Originally Posted by Aunty
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteboy
    But the central point of the video, that the Hmong people are terrorised in Laos by the government, is quite untrue.
    Doesn't matter whether it is (your claim) true or not. There is still something sick about a society and a country that allows its own soldiers to shoot its own children. I won't go to a country that does that.
    Yet you do go to Thailand, where under Thaskin approximately 2500 people where murdered all in the name of the war against drugs.

Not that I agreee with the treatment of the Hmong in Laos, but as pointed out by Cuteboy, there is some ancient history involved.

Liked

Re: CNN

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley
    Burma is no better than Laos or Myanmar as they call it now.
    Laos is now called Myanmar? :bounce:
    All this time I thought you had me on "Ignore"

Myanmar

Traveler's Information For Myanmar

When to Visit
    You can visit Myanmar all the year round but the best time to come is between October and February as the weather during this period is neither too hot nor wet.

Entry Formalities
    A valid Passport with Entry Visa is required of all visitors. A Tourist Visa allows a stay of 28 days, extendible for an additional 14 days. A Business Visa allows a stay of 28 days, extendible up to 12 months on a case-by-case basis. Visa on Arrival is granted on prior arrangement.

Customs Formalities
    Foreign currency exceeding the equivalent of US$ 2,000, jewelry, cameras, video cameras, recording equipment and laptop computers must be declared at the airport. Failure to do so could end up in confiscation upon departure. Export of antiques and items of archaeological value are prohibited.

Foreign Exchange
    No Credit cards are accepted.

Vaccination
    Not required unless you are coming from an infected area.

You are right
    All the Best!

Wes

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked

Re: Hmong in Laos

Quote Originally Posted by sjaak327
    Quote Originally Posted by Aunty
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteboy
    But the central point of the video, that the Hmong people are terrorised in Laos by the government, is quite untrue.
    Doesn't matter whether it is (your claim) true or not. There is still something sick about a society and a country that allows its own soldiers to shoot its own children. I won't go to a country that does that.
    Yet you do go to Thailand, where under Thaskin approximately 2500 people where murdered all in the name of the war against drugs.

Not that I agreee with the treatment of the Hmong in Laos, but as pointed out by Cuteboy, there is some ancient history involved.
    While I don't condone the extrajudicial killings in Thailand in any way shape or form, how many of those killed in Thailand were children hunted down by soldiers and shot because the kids parents or grandparents were drug dealers? What is happening in Laos sounds a lot like genocide to me. I don't think you could ague that for the drug killings in Thailand.
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies