Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sukhothai Hotel Bangkok

Peninsula

Hon, it is the PENINSULA. Great hotel but the boat service across the river ceases at 11.45pm. Therefore, Dear, the only way back is by taxi.

tanks paul my spelling has always been creative. Itsnt the way back always by taxi ? Lets not get carried away by the thrills of the river especialy after a night out.

Lets not get carried away by the thrills of the river especialy after a night out.
    Yeah, I find the Pen inconvenient too. Bit like going "south of the River". Prefer somewhere within stumbling distance in Bangkok.

It takes all of three minutes to cross the Taksin bridge and get to the Pen after the boats stop. No big deal, unless you've got some kind of mental barrier against the other side of the river.

Liked
    The prices rather than the river would stop me. 300 bucks (US) for a balcony!

I'm sure it's a lovely place (the pool looks great), but sorry ... for a weeks stay (or whatever) in Bangkok I'd rather spend 1000 baht per night, get a mediocre breakfast tossed in, and spend the day/night sanooking.

One positive merit of a place like the Peninsula would be that one would never in a million years bump into MrMacSydney by mistake.

PENINSULA HOTEL PRICE LIST:

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Yea its expensive but they are always having specials worth asking for. And if you stay often enough they upgrade you almost on a regular basis to a suite busy or not.
    Its one of the grandest hotels in Bang-kok, that was built immediately prior to the Asian collapse so never really took off but the standards remained constant, a chip off the old mother ship, the Peninsula in Hong Kong. For a few years they have been offering various specials.Though over Chinese new-year they were booked out. Its one of those places that once hooked always hooked. I have the same feelings about the Sukothai but know fewer of the staff over there,where as with the Peninsula staff, I feel like family. But both hotels have a certain relaxed charm as they have grounds and are set back from the bustle.

On the gay friendly issue, last time I was there a very large farang had no less than three "guides" staying with him which he later took up to Chiang mai .Far from being frowned upon they were treated like honored guests of the farang and they had a whale of a time. The staff going out of their way to make them feel comfortable and relaxed. Smiles all round.

The river thingy is no big deal as was mentioned, there is the Taksin bridge just up the road and the hotel is right on the river with incredible outlook over the whole city. But just for interest "south of the river" is by far the more interesting for visitors in my opinion. The street markets and saunas what ever have a very local flavour and you will almost always be the only farang. This is still a wonderful experience in the "city of Angles"

Liked

Oh please ... !!

Quote Originally Posted by All lately by Cedric
    " ... Er where is LOS ? I know it must be in Thailand, have a good trip Clawdaddy, South east Asia is heaven. I aslo dont look for western friends in particular... "

" ... Call me Ricky if you like. Well um I never paid before. But I only dated my own age. Tried flowers before, works magic ... "

" ... Moderator what does it mean to "off one of them" and how do you go about it ... ?"
    Lots of funny buggers going on here, but not sure if I can arrive at proper details by myself.

Anyone else? . . . theories please.

Cheers ...

Let me help Smiles. Am I so full of contradictions? I think you are just not used to expat kiddies. We are a bit different. Acronyms have never been my strong point. I have a corporate dad who goes on for hours and I have no clue what he is on about, and usually fall asleep before I can ask. Yes they all say "he could try harder" but I prefer the Thai way "Smiley" any-way what else? We go to Bangkok every year during the Chinese new-year holidays, "Kung hei fat choi" etc etc. :cheers:

Liked
    A Daddy's boy, eh?
    Well ... halfway there anyway.

Carry on, son.

Cheers ....

Thanks Smiles,
    Your Avatar makes me scary. Thanks for the compliment. I am also in touch with my femine side being gay and all that. I hope to get a job in a hotel soon, would be nice if it can be in LOS.