Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pattaya Hotel Recommendations

Liked

Suggest Avalon Beach Resort Hotel...

I believe the Avalon Beach Resort Hotel would be good choice..

BUT, as the dates you are desiring is definitely HIGH SEASON..
    you had better BOOK NOW to get any room...

I live in the condos located behind the Avalon...
    and pass by it daily - it is very nice and looks comfortable too...
    conveniently located and only a moments to sand and beach...
    yet Avalon has beautiful pool and deck chairs and umbrellas to relax under.

TravelerJim
    Tj

Liked
    If you are looking for 5 star , why not Royal Cliff

I have stayed there 3 times but only when I can get a competitive rate from asia-rooms

Currently asia-rooms are offering 75% discounts

http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/patta ... esort.html

Cut and paste google search

Royal Cliff Beach Resort
    AsiaRooms.com 75% Off Pattaya Hotels. Get Now! Royal Cliff Beach Special deals
    Royal cliff pattaya
    www.Hotels-And-Discounts.com Up to 70% off on Pattaya Lodging Deals on Hotel, Motel and Resorts
    Royal Cliff Beach Resort
    Situated between Jomtien and Pattaya, the Royal Cliff Beach Resort is the best of Pattaya hotels & resorts.
    www.royalcliff.com/ - 43k - Cached - Similar pages

They have a large car park and with 2 of you hiring a car makes sense.

If you want to use the hotel limos, the flat rate used to be 150 baht one way to Pattaya or Jomtien

I have never encountered any problems bringing a boy back, other than the limo cost of sending him home

it is best always to keep the keycard on you rather than have to go to reception
    Wombat : an Australian marsupial that eats,roots and leaves

You guys are amazing. Thank you so much for your help. We're going to try Rabbit or Avalon depending on availability. Putting the cute "boy" aspect aside (if that's possible), we're looking forward to our first thailand experience. We've got two weeks of sightseeing in and around Bangkok... then end in Pattaya. Your advice has been invaluable! Cheers, Joe

Liked
    Rabbit Resort is special. The level of service provided by Deb (Mrs Rabbit) is extraordinary.

There is an adult only pool so no problems with kids.. It is certainly gay friendly but still has many straights so you will get an occasional look from a Homophobes.

At night Baht bus can take you direct to back entrance with your guests.

During the day the walkway in front of the beach is pedestrians only but cars are allowed after 6pm

I would say a little isolated from Downtown if you were making multiple daily trips.

But if you intend to use the beach and pool during the day and go out for the evening and make just one return home, then it will be fine.

Don't be afraid to ask for a better price in off season. You will get it.

Never stayed at Avalon but really same location and I doubt if the staff is as good but who knows??

Rabbit Resort is very gay-friendly ....

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    Rabbit is definitely the best choice mentioned here -- but far from gay. You will see hets and kids. I can't imagine anyone interested in "upscale" lodging giving a second thought to the concrete jungle of Boystown.
    ... and have there fair share of gay guests throughout the year. I recon about 15 to 20 percent of guests are obviously gay. There is also some handsome gay staff around. Khun Paisan and Debby are open with gay crowd.

All the ads placed in gay mags etc are not for nothing and paying out well.

I always liked staying there and found the bungalows near the pools are the bests. It's relaxed, excellently maintained. The setting is gorgeous.

Supervisor used to work there fore he went back home. He had a very good time and all are very friendly with him as soon as we show our face around.

Rabbit is definitely "gay friendly", but definitely not a "gay place" as the original poster requested. A gay place is 100% gay and completely directed at the gay man. Anyway, I'm sure it will do.