Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Perfect Boy Bar

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The Perfect Boy Bar

I understand that the Perfect Boy Bar to me would not be considered the perfect bar by everyone else’s standards for the simple reason that we don’t all like the same things.

Based on two decades of hands-on experience (meant literally) on the gay scenes in Pattaya I estimate that close to half of the punters prefer the same types of boys that I like which are the twink-type boys, e.g., slim, cute, hairless, feminine, etc., versus the more masculine str8 boy-next-door types which are most popular with the other half. Understanding of course that many punters play on both fields.

The perfect bar to me would only focus on serving and satisfying twink-lovers (where guys are dolls), as I believe that bars that try to satisfy everyone by having a mix of different boy types often fall short of maintaining a regular repeat customer base and risk becoming a bit watered-down. Unless a bar is a huge operation (double-wide) and can staff 30-50 boys (like the old KAOS, or Wild Wild West), I think it’s best to just develop a niche market and not try to please everyone.

The perfect bar would only staff HOT cute slim fem boys who wore short-shorts while working which exposed their butt cheeks. Everyone loves cheeks and the fem boys love showing them! The bar would be dimly lit offering plenty of privacy…soft music to create an intimate mood…a small stage for showing off those cheeks…a few short-time rooms on the upper level…and last-but-not-least a skilled ladyboy mamasan to run the operation.

The number one failure mode of every bar I’ve seen open in Pattaya is if they overlook the importance of the “Mamasan”. Farang who attempt to run the business themselves without the support of a skilled (seasoned) Mamasan most often end up losing their investments and closing shop. If you look at Jomtien Complex now four of the bars which opened during the surge after Covid are now either closing or changing ownership due to lack of business, and ironically all four are (or were) owned/operated by farang, e.g., Dorothy’s Showbar, Double Shot, Divarium and BC bar.

I know this is going to sound a bit brutal, but the overwhelming majority of Farang have absolutely no idea how to recruit boys (even if they think they can), let alone recruit the right type of boys, and have even less experience training them, managing them, and keeping them happy so they remain employed. Every successful boy bar that I’ve seen has a skilled ladyboy mamasan standing back in the shadows making sure everyone is happy. They also serve as the front-line of communications with the local BIB for the reasons we all know. The BIB want to deal with Thais – not farang.

Simple recipe really: Only super-cute, slim, hairless, fem boys with their butt cheeks exposed and a good mamasan.

2. 7 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (June 24th, 2024), BenCH (June 25th, 2024), jvt22222 (June 25th, 2024), Kenny (June 24th, 2024), Moses (June 24th, 2024), Oliver2 (June 24th, 2024), siscu58 (June 26th, 2024)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: The Perfect Boy Bar

dodger...agree..on all points bar ONE...I'd have masciuline guys and if there was a 100% way of certifying it...straight masculine guys with bodies ranging from swimmer to lightly muscled like a boxer and not a body builder like Tawan in BKK.
    I get a huge kick out of "controlling" strong maculine guys all beacause I can pay.....twinky fem guys are a total cock killer...but on all your other points a definite YES...
    I'd also have a stripper on at all times, like background music...but in this case eye candy..just dancing slowly...using dildos...whatever...
    Last edited by latintopxxx; June 24th, 2024 at 11:36. Reason: spelling

4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 24th, 2024), jvt22222 (June 25th, 2024), Moses (June 24th, 2024)

Liked

A mix of 80 percent straight athletic and 20 percent gay.

'Uniform'. Changes Daily from the boys wearing white, red and black briefs to silk loincloths and occasionally thongs or very long grandad shirts and nothing else.

At 8.00pm (opening time) the theme song of Simply the Best by Tina Turner starts. I choose three boys at random, they come and take off their clothing, then carry a glass of water round the bar gently splashing and blessing the bar.

Occasionally the boys will celebrate the life of some long dead emperor and on those nights they will wear the emperor's new clothes all night with a 100 baht entrance fee to be divided solely amongst the boys.

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (June 25th, 2024), Dodger (June 24th, 2024), jvt22222 (June 25th, 2024)

Liked

the twink-type boys, e.g., ...yes
    slim, ...yes
    cute, ...sure
    hairless, ... what Asians for? sure
    feminine, ...nope! while I'm top, boy should be boy, not a doll... my type is "bad boy". For to tame.

===a few short-time rooms on the upper level===
    it will be not a bar, it will be bordello then

I'm ready to pay for entertaining, but I'm not ready to pay for ass... I need hosts in the bar - to talk, to touch (hugging, cares), sometimes to kiss lightly as a friends... but mostly to talk and gossip...

Do you know how I usually visit bars? I sit on the side, order a drink, invite a guy and talk... I immediately tell him that I don’t plan to order him, so if he sees an interesting client, he can go to him at any time... and we sit and chat, periodically order drinks, we exchange rumors... sometimes the guys go to other clients, and if the deal doesn't work out, they come back... when I leave, I tip the guy 300 baht for every hour...

I never touch them below the waist, but they usually lean on my shoulder or under my arm... I don’t look for sex in bars - I always have enough of it, I just find variety in communication there - I'm on vacation, most of friends are far at that moment...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (June 25th, 2024), jvt22222 (June 25th, 2024)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post

===a few short-time rooms on the upper level===

it will be not a bar, it will be bordello then.
    My perfect bar would be a place where punters could go to flirt and fondle cute boys...hook up for a short time if they wanted...and/or enjoy having sex in a ST room without leaving the premises. It's all about SEX and Total Customer Satisfaction..

Punters who prefer just sitting around and socializing with the boys would not be a good candidate for Dodgers Perfect Bar.

The only way to keep top-notch talent (Super Stars) employed is to provide them with a platform to earn a lot of $$money$$. A place where the PUNTER GETS THE BOY FROM HIS DREAMS - and DREAM BOY GETS RICH. It has to be a win-win situation.

10. User who gave Like to post:

jvt22222 (June 25th, 2024)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

know this is a pointless discussion as we are not actually setting up a bar...but why can't you have both so that the likes of Moses and Dodger (and me) can have a good time...cater to one an all..

12. User who gave Like to post:

Liked

When I first visited Thailand I stayed in Bangkok. There were several bars where the boys danced naked. By the time I visited Pattaya there was only one bar with naked Go Go but, annoyingly, I can't remember it's name. It was near Sunee Plaza but before Sunee really got going. The bar had a couple of rooms upstairs which I used. On one occasion the boy insisted another boy joined us, it turned out to be his younger brother. I couldn't decide if that was odd or not. I remember nothing about the Mamasan but if that bar could reopen that would be fine with me.

14. User who gave Like to post:

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I recall a Patong bar (Superboys?) where the guys either danced naked or sported strange (papier-mache?) garments like cricketers' boxes which were coated with phosphorescent paint. The lights would be turned off and the resulting spectacle was ...unusual.

I recall nudity in Screw Boys when it was in Soi Twilight. and, in Pattaya occasionally in the bar which eventually became Nice, as Chuai-Duai mentions.

Adam's Apple In Chiang Mai had an interlude in their show in which the go go dancers would appear naked ...and just stand there. Some clearly were uncomfortable; and so was I on their behalf.

Liked

---likes of Moses and Dodger (and me) can have a good time----
    So, you want dungeon in the basement...
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

17. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 25th, 2024)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    The perfect bar to me would only focus on serving and satisfying twink-lovers (where guys are dolls), as I believe that bars that try to satisfy everyone by having a mix of different boy types often fall short of maintaining a regular repeat customer base and risk becoming a bit watered-down. Unless a bar is a huge operation (double-wide) and can staff 30-50 boys (like the old KAOS, or Wild Wild West), I think it’s best to just develop a niche market and not try to please everyone.
    I think Dodgers would be a good name for a boy bar.

19. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (June 25th, 2024), francois (June 25th, 2024)