Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: A few days in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Phone apps

Finally, a note about phone apps that I found useful in HCMC.

I tried out Blued, Grindr, Hornet, and Romeo, as these are ones I have generally found useful on my travels elsewhere.

I found that Grindr was the most popular at my hotel location (Liberty Central Saigon Citypoint), in the city centre, with Blued second and Hornet third, based on the distance of the nearest users. Romeo was very sparse.

Since my hotel was opposite the Saigon Centre shopping mall (selling expensive designer handbags and a Lamborghini stall outside), I seemed to end up chatting with a lot of guys out shopping with their friends/partners/unspecified, but just chatting, so this was mostly the waste of time that these apps can tend to be.

Apart from that, I had multiple offers of massage and “kisses/cuddles” in my hotel room. Since the hotel reception had helpfully informed me on check-in that room guests are allowed before 10pm, this presumably would not be an issue, but I preferred to visit sauna/massage as mentioned earlier.

2. User who gave Like to post:

maump (March 11th, 2023)