Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pros and cons

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Pros and cons

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post

The "Cons" I just mentioned are the reason I chose Bang Saray for retirement over Pattaya.
    Hi Dodger - I will retire in Jomtien from next month - transferring myself from Europe to Thailand.

As a newbie starting out his new retirement adventure - would Bang Saray be a better choice than the Dongtan seaside condos with the lovely greenery along that lovely beach walk ?

Or is Bang Saray a safe outpost for when you have obtained a significant other - to resist all of the temptations in the forbidden city nightlife of Pattaya and Supertown ?

Is there a decent ex-pat community in Bang Saray? would a single new retiree fit in? or be lonely and sad ?

I chose Jomtien because it is a nice compromise from the urban area of Pattaya and not too far from the action - just 10 to 15 minutes away. I wanted to live in an area where I can walk between the beach, condo, and night life. Obviously, I will also get a small scooter.

If one lived in Bang Saray and got carried away with the drinking and could not drive his scooter back to Bang Saray - does the baht bus go there? or is it only Grab/Uber and you go back the next day to Pattaya to pick up your scooter ?

Cheers,
    M.

2. User who gave Like to post:

jvt22222 (August 9th, 2022)