List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: YEE HAW!!! I'M GOING TO THAILAND!

Re: A new classification: the 'WGF' ....

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaafarabutarab
    " ... the phenomenon of the Whining Gay Farang (WGF)? This would be the guy who discovered, late in life, that he could get laid in Thailand, as opposed to his solitary and chaste life in Farangistan. So this guy made a sudden decision and moved to Thailand for that reason alone. A few years down the road, and he's pissed off. He was never interested in the Thai language, or Thai culture, or the fascinating surrounding area of SE Asia. So he gets together with his fellow WGFs and they...whine ... "
    Discerning analysis Jaafarabutarab.
    Not 100% true obviously, ~ hopefully lots of exceptions ~ but a generalisation of reasonable (and observable) power nonetheless.
    Such gaggles of Farangs as you've described are precisely the gaggles I hope to avoid at all costs, at all times, when in Thailand.

Cheers ...
    I guess you won't be visiting Pattaya, then?

Liked

Re: A new classification: the 'WGF' ....

Quote Originally Posted by boygeenyus
    " ... I guess you won't be visiting Pattaya, then? ... "
    You guess wrong.
    I have a few farang friends in Pattaya who are decidedly not 'of the gaggle', and also have little use for that kind of companionship.

As I'm sure you're aware, jaafarabutarab's observations hold water as generalization only. Falling into the petty and inward-looking world of the 'WGF' is not inevitable if one has the intelligence to know it when one see it ... and avoid it like a plague.

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

It's not just Christianity that is homophobic. It's almost all religions with the possible exception of buddhists The Muslim religion is probably the MOST homophobic. Witness the recent hangings of gay teenagers in Iran. The reason there is gay marriage in Canada and probably will never be in the US is the number of Evangelical christians. Estimated at about only 3% in canada.. they don't carry much political clout. But in the USA, the number of people who claim to be Evangelical christians is more like 20 -25% if not higher.
    These are the people that believe the bible word for word ("woman created from the rib of a man" type of crap). They are the ones that now use Gays as easy scapegoats to advance their political agenda. And we are unlucky enough to have a num nuts Evangelical President who is against things like stem cell research and wants a constitutional amendment against gay marriage. The sooner King George is gone the better for everyone!

Liked
    The sooner King George is gone the better for everyone!
    Thank God, Jesus, Buddha, Alla and the Sun God for term limits.
    E Dok Tong

Nice! hope you have fun in Thailand. I wanna go back to Bangkok badly to visit my friends and family.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I wish I was there now

I'm permanently confucianism. I miss them all..wine, pigs, homosexuality. Pattaya is so musch fun. :clown: yeehaaaw !!!!!
    I'm only a light drinker. When it's daylight I drink.