Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
My plane lands at 12:05
I get tested at 18:00 at the hotel in Bangkok
The result is due by 14:00 next day and I've seen evidence of someone else getting the result by 13:00 in the same hotel.

This seems to be slow, however at least I have a nice room in a well reviewed hotel.

I'd rather be out by 8:00~9:00 am, but to exercise my rights to free cancellation for the quarantine hotel, I'd need to identify a genuinely better alternative AND be confident that the Thai Pass would be processed promptly.
It must be hospital-specific. You arrive a bit later than me, but wouldn't you rather get the result early in the evening? What I like so much about flying east is the lack of a jetlag. My flight starts early morning Dutch time and I'll arrive at the beginning of the night Dutch time. This means I can easily sleep 6 or 7 hours in the hotel and wake up at 4 or 5 PM and will be good to go.

If you are out at 08:00 AM, can you check in somewhere else that early?

If I am lucky enough to get the results the same day, I can check in at Tarntawan immediately, because I booked an extra day. If I don't make the cut, I can check in first thing in the morning and enjoy the breakfast there.