Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thai Vaccine Program in Shambles

Liked

Re: Thai Vaccine Program in Shambles

I can only relate my experience yesterday of going to Bang Sue for my second Astrazeneca.
    I was so surprised how incredibly well organised it was (for Thailand).
    My visit lasted exactly one hour from arriving at the outside of the building for checking identities to leaving and looking for a taxi (now that's another story).

Arrive outside and sit in rows of (seemingly) hundreds of plastic chairs.
    Then row by row we were ushered to the doors, given a form similar to the one on my first visit. Sadly it was all in Thai but I'd taken a Thai friend with me anticipating this problem.
    We were all sitting on more plastic chairs in rows.
    Again, row by row, were were ushered to another area to check the forms and then to the final area with the technicians administering the jabs.
    Yes, more rows of chairs each in front of one of the dozens of 'nurses'.
    As soon as the person being 'done' stands up, so does the row and everyone move one chair forward until you are the front one.
    Your turn -- just go to the nurse and her assistant at a computer. They check your name. And you get jabbed -- all of 30 seconds.
    All very friendly.

Now to a compulsory 30 minute waiting area.

I was SO impressed by the whole operation, even the omnipresent loud hailers ushering us everywhere (so Thai).
    All except for the lack of English language. Of course maybe there were translators there.
    There were HUNDREDS of people of all ages there and I was the only farang that I saw.
    I have never seen so many thousands(?) of spotless white garden chairs! There will be a bumper sale when the mass vaccination programme ends .

My only complaint was the location.
    I live central Sukhumvit (Emporium). It took 45 minutes in a taxi (clear roads) to get to Bang Sue.
    The station is awe inspiring, futuristic and spacious BUT Central station -- no.
    I see that earlier they changed the name from Bangkok Grand Central Station. -- dropping the 'central'.
    How can any station calling itself 'central' be one hour by public transport from the centre of the city?
    I would expect the main city station to be somewhere like Silom, Sukhumvit etc.

Well that's a rant for another day.
    Today no side effects.

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (October 5th, 2021), Old git (October 5th, 2021), Ruthrieston (October 6th, 2021), splinter1949 (October 5th, 2021)

Liked

Re: Thai Vaccine Program in Shambles

"Give me the third best option. I'll have what the homeless people are having."

Dave Chappelle
    Talking about the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.