Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
. . . Too bad most of you geriatrics have me on ignore, because this is actually some solid advice.
Geriatrics? How very dare you! Senior citizens, if you please.

Back on topic, I was surprised to learn from gerefan2 that house owners or their agents in Pattaya were insisting on a minimum of six month rentals. When I owned a house in Hua Hin, a popular tourist destination, of course a long-term rental would be preferable to a short-term rental. But, in the absence of long-term rentals, I instructed my agents to let out my house for two weeks, four weeks, three months or, basically, anything more than two weeks. I took the view that some rental income was better than no rental income, especially when I had swimming pool and garden maintenance bills to be paid for, whether someone was there or not.

And, importantly, given the current absence of tourists, I would have thought that house owners in Pattaya would be more than happy to accept short-term rentals, especially if a potential renter was offering to rent for three months.

And lastly, all joking aside, I thought cdnmatt offered some sound advice regarding walking around and looking for rental signs etc.