Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: History of Soi Twilight

Liked

Re: History of Soi Twilight

Quote Originally Posted by Brad the Impala View Post
    Bar designs/styles change, which may explain conflicting memories. My recall of Apollo from the late 70's was of it being on the first floor, with a bar on the right as you entered. I also remember that the main feature was the the customers dancing, disco style. As to whether it was a "small place" it was always a two shop house size, larger than the other bars on the soi at that time.
    I have checked my Bangkok visits and see that my first Apollo experience was 1980. I can say definitely that by then the little bar was on the left of the entrance. I remember because I spent many visits over 2 or 3 years perched on a bar stool as I had a thing for the student bartender. Sadly he did not have a thing for me, but it was still lovely chatting to him and then turning to watch the boys strut their stuff on the catwalk, especially when underwear came off and at the boys were in their birthday suits.

So I expect it had been remodelled. It certainly had an upstairs with one or more short time rooms, But the ground floor was occupied by another tenant. I never attended any other bar on that soi which may be one reason it seems to be etched on my memory!!

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

goji (September 17th, 2021), Oliver2 (September 26th, 2021), TaoR (September 17th, 2021)

Liked

I have been doing some clearing out this weekend and was surprised to find I have a photo of the X-Treme Dancers and an old DVD of two of their routines. I now remember that the owner had decided to make DVDs. I doubt if he sold many, though. The only boy whose name I remember is Jay who wears the black shirt in the front row.

X_Treme_Dancers.jpeg
    X_Treme_DVD.jpeg

4. 10 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (September 26th, 2021), daydreamer (September 28th, 2021), goji (September 26th, 2021), JayToff (September 26th, 2021), Jellybean (September 26th, 2021), Oliver2 (September 26th, 2021), Patanawet (September 28th, 2021), pong (February 10th, 2022), Ruthrieston (September 27th, 2021), TaoR (September 26th, 2021)

Liked

Well, those are a clean cut, good looking, group of young men! Not a tattoo in sight!

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (September 26th, 2021), goji (September 26th, 2021), Oliver2 (September 26th, 2021)

Liked

What do you mean by recent? Tattoos have been around in large numbers since I first came to Thailand in 2009.

When I was at the Soi Twilight demolition site in early 2020, I found some VHS cassettes whose titles suggested that they recordings of shows or special events in Soi Twilight. A friend has a VHS player, and when I'm back in Thailand we will have a look.

I have more memorabilia salvaged from the demolition site, if someone wants to start a museum, contact me.

Liked

A copy of posts #123 & 124 together with unrelated posts have been moved within the Sawatdee Gay Thailand forum and given the new title, Thai guys, to tattoo or not to tattoo . . .

To contribute to the new topic, please click on the following link:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...-not-to-tattoo
    Last edited by Jellybean; September 27th, 2021 at 06:19.
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by TaoR View Post
    Well, those are a clean cut, good looking, group of young men! Not a tattoo in sight!
    That's because they are mostly clothed! One guy - I think the boy to Jay's left - did have a large circular tattoo low down on his right abdomen. No idea why it was there or what it represented. But it was definitely there.

10. User who gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (August 4th, 2022)