Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Phuket Sandbox update

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Phuket Sandbox update

More press stories today suggesting that this project is forging ahead -

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...july-reopening
    https://www.bangkokpost.com/business...9-000-arrivals

However the authorities are warning of too much “happiness” especially amongst “entertainment” workers resulting in increasing rates of infection.

Apparently the 7-day packages in lieu of quarantine will cost between 150,000 and 200,000 baht. No further details about whether they are mandatory. 14-day quarantine is much cheaper so why would you bother? Another This Is Thailand own goal?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

7 days for 200,000 baht! Ridiculous. That would last most people 2 months...including the flights!

Liked

He said travel agents are waiting for clear entry regulations, so they can offer packages to their customers.
    They're opening in 6 weeks, better hurry as some marketing and sales effort may be required to sell 7 day vacations for $6400 USD.

Liked

Thailand and their long expensive quarantine stays,,,,buying a $100,000 insurance travel policy of which I have no idea what it costs....I will wait. long time apparently...until it all gets better.....

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    Thailand and their long expensive quarantine stays
    This is fair criticism, although it must be said, the total daily living costs in quarantine may well be lower than the average daily spend of our members on holiday. It's just much less fun.

buying a $100,000 insurance travel policy of which I have no idea what it costs....
    This is a fairly regular objection. Anyone seriously considering a holiday to Thailand would quickly find out what it costs, but of course there is no reason to bother if the quarantine has already put you off.
    Mine was 7500 baht for 3 months. Nothing but a state sanctioned scam, with abnormal profit margins. However, in the absence of alternative tropical destinations, it did not stop me taking a holiday last winter and would not stop me next winter either.

6. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (May 20th, 2021), dab69 (May 14th, 2021), Moses (May 14th, 2021)

Liked

Did you buy on-line I guess before entry to Thailand?? What health co. and what do they give you for proof of coverage..Thanks

Liked

Did you buy on-line I guess before entry to Thailand?? What health co. and what do they give you for proof of coverage..Thanks
    At the time, you had to have proof of the insurance to get into the country. I imagine it's the same now. I used AXA Thailand, bought on line and received the documents a few seconds later.
    Printed 2 copies -one for the main document folder and one for the backup folder.
    Plus copies on my phone, android tablet and google docs.

9. User who gave Like to post:

Kenny (May 14th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn yesterday confirmed that Phuket Sandbox plans are on track for a July 1 start

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...ots-next-month

No Platformed
    Liked

The companies listed on every Thai Consulate website won’t insure the over-70s. For that try tipinsure.com

No Platformed
    Liked

Here’s the latest report on Phuket’s preparedness:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business...ts-good-safety