Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Thailand Covid At Record High!

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Thailand Covid At Record High!

Today’s figures are up by 49 over yesterday to 1,940 - still (just) below the weekly and fortnightly averages. However there is good news - the Pope is beginning another round of prayers. You’ll recall the triumphant success of his prayers to end the pandemic more than 13 months ago. Encouraged by his success then, more prayers are ascending heavenward.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/2109099

Liked

"However there is good news - the Pope is beginning another round of prayers. You’ll recall the triumphant success of his prayers to end the pandemic more than 13 months ago. Encouraged by his success then, more prayers are ascending heavenward."

That is funny.

Liked

Wrong direction... 2041 today

Liked

when you see all the people in bar/entertainment areas many with NO masks......what can one expect??

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    when you see all the people in bar/entertainment areas many with NO masks......what can one expect??
    It is difficult to eat and drink with a mask on.
    Theoretically a mask with a built in drinking straw might allow drinking, but I have never seen anyone using such a device.
    As far as I can tell, Thailand attempts to get around this problem with screens & social distancing in restaurants and when covid is severe, bar closures.
    So during the outbreak earlier in the year, bars were closed and measures were taken to ensure spacing in restaurants. At the time, that seemed to be sufficient, as declared cases decreased and they were eventually able to relax restrictions.

Thailand now has the B.1.1.7 variant which is more contagious, so perhaps previous measures will be insufficient.

Liked

In the video's I saw,,many just walking around the bar streets, talking, laughing,,,not drinking and eating...anyway,,just my thought...I doubt TH will be
    open without quarantine the rest of this year.....

7. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (May 4th, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Encouragingly the daily figures are down to 1,763 today. Yesterday’s number poked through the fortnightly average but we’re below today. The weekly average appears to have peaked and to be falling despite the individual horror stories of Klong Toey and a regional post office. Fingers crossed.

Liked

If Thailand actually pulls this off and manages to put this latest outbreak down, they deserve one hell of a round of applause.

No Platformed
    Liked

Today = 2,112. Oh dear

Liked

As I stated, if Thailand somehow miraculously manages to get this outbreak put down, they deserve one hell of a round of applause.

However, all considering, I doubt containment is possible any longer. Thailand now joins basically the rest of the world, and is in for one very, very.... very long ass lockdown until its population reaches herd immunity via vaccination rollout.

Many Western nations have this on the horizon -- Israel is basically there, US and UK are close, Canada and many others are only a few months out, et al. It'll probably be a while before SE Asia catches up though...

12. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (May 5th, 2021)