Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No quarantine for Phuket??

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: No quarantine for Phuket??

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    If they're hurting for tourists so badly, wonder if I should drop them a note ask ask if they'd be willing to take me off the blacklist? It's either take me off now when you need the money, and I'll be on first flight out two weeks after I get my vaccine jab (hopefully J&J), or take me off in 23 months. I'll be off the list soon anyway...
    I doubt that they’re as desperate as you are needy.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    I doubt that they’re as desperate as you are needy.
    Why not? I'm an idiot, I probably spend more than the average tourist.

Problem is, don't have a care taker in Thailand. He's in Laos, and don't particularly feel like putting my life in a stranger's hands, so...

Too bad Thai baht wasn't accessible, that'd make it easier. Only way to figure out what denomination is with with baht is the little SeeingAI app that will tell you what color something is, which would be an absolute pain to use.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    If they're hurting for tourists so badly, wonder if I should drop them a note ask ask if they'd be willing to take me off the blacklist? It's either take me off now when you need the money, and I'll be on first flight out two weeks after I get my vaccine jab (hopefully J&J), or take me off in 23 months. I'll be off the list soon anyway...
    But you never were and have no future intention to be a “tourist”. You were in the country illegally for years on end, for which you have shown no contrition and keep blaming Thailand for having immigration laws that don’t suit your convenience. Why would they be desperate to have you back?

Liked

Well, the government may not care if I'm back, but I can promise you a good handful of locals would be thrilled to have me around. I'm a man of the people like that...

No Platformed
    Liked

In what will be devastating news to Dodgems the government has this week reiterated that their plan to re-open Phuket using the “Sandbox” model is still on track for 1 July: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...as-covid-rages

Liked

A copy of post #45 together with several other posts have been moved to the Everything Else forum under the title, Russian banknote design.

To contribute to the new topic please click on the following link:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...anknote-design
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Only 20% of Phuket residents who need to be vaccinated prior to July 1st have received the vaccine...and the chances of enough additional vaccine being made available by the government in the next 2 months is next to impossible.

The Phuket Tourist Association is totally enraged and going public with their concerns - but they're up against a brick wall. The Wall that nobody can talk about.

Phuket is probably down the tubes for this year. Disappointing for them - but no surprise whatsoever considering all the moving pieces. The writing was on the "Wall" 6 months ago, but some refused to see it.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket...dark-79863.php

Liked

I'll reiterate, if Canada is having this much difficulty getting its population vaccinated even with solid plans in place for over a year, does anyone really think Thailand is going to somehow miraculously come upon ~150 million vaccine doses?

Liked

I'm getting my second Pfizer vaccination in June but not counting on the Phuket sandbox. It wouldn't have my preference either. I'd rather go into a 7-day quarantine (which seems to have been cancelled for now) in Bangkok and then free to move between Bangkok and Pattaya afterwards. I wonder if the 7-day quarantine is actually 9 days, where they don't count the check-in and check-out date. That would be a dealbreaker.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    This would depend on what the objectives of the policy are. The first responsibility of the Thai government is to protect it's population and vaccination of all the people on Phuket would achieve that. As long as they also have some controls on movement in and out of Phuket.

Secondly, within a few months, the majority of potential tourists from the UK, US and perhaps even the EU should have received a vaccine. Of course Thailand has been reliant on many other countries for tourists, but allowing some in would be a start.
    Some might believe the first responsibility of the government is to protect the economy seeing how far reaching the effects are to everyday Thais vs those getting infected still. If not for the profound impact to the health care system. As with everywhere...it’s a balance between the 2 impacts of the pandemic.

Now we’re seeing first hand, the world and indeed populations divided up with the vaccine rollout. Who gets vaccinated first and with what?

And unfortunately, herd immunity cannot be achieved if you vaccinate all the tourists before the rest of the population. You’re only safe if you’re vaccinated when everyone is vaccinated.

Surfcrest

11. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (May 4th, 2021)