Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: what brought you to LOS

Liked

Re: what brought you to LOS

In 1991 I got a job through the Japanese Government teaching English in a tiny town in northern Japan, stayed for 2 years and went to Thailand to escape the snow and (no central heat!) cold there. Xmas 1991 was in Bkk and NYE at Ko Phi Phi, which then was not developed and just paradise-- stayed for 6 nights there before heading for a week to Chiang Mai, including 3 days hiking in hill tribe country. Very little sex (I didn't say NO sex, just wasn't the focus), just loved the variety of things to do in Thailand, with beaches, mountains, big cities, etc...
    Since then I've lived in Japan a total of 7 years, China 1 year -- returned to teach in the USA in 2001-- but from 2001 to 2013, also had a gig teaching in Singapore for 4 weeks every July for 12 years-- that was great as it got me to Asia every year for extended holidays. Sad that ended though it kept me out of the country for 2 months every summer, since Singapore is so close and well connected to Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, and even Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Hong Kong, Taiwan, China, and Japan-- I did side trips to all of those while teaching around Asia. Thailand has the best food and the guys are some of the best!
    I've probably been to Thailand around 30-40 times, but not for 3 years! Need to get back soon.

2. 5 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 20th, 2021), Armando (April 20th, 2021), arsenal (April 20th, 2021), Doug (April 21st, 2021), TaoR (April 20th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

dab69....love it

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I've told this story so many times I'm tired of hearing it again myself - and I know MFAS feels the same.

My first visit was a 3 day business trip in 1997 which took place in Bangkok. I bounced between meeting rooms and a few nice restaurants, but never saw anything else other than a ton of traffic which was a total turn off.

I received an invitation 6 months later from Thailand’s Quality Institute to be one of the keynote speakers at their annual Quality Conference being held at the Queens Mark Hotel/Bangkok. Similar to my first visit, my time was consumed with boring business-related stuff - with no time to go out and explore the scene on my own.

I returned for my third visit in 1998 when the Company I was representing decided to build 2 new manufacturing plants in Rayong. This time my visit was a little over 4 weeks. I was housed at the Dusit/Pattaya, and had a driver who transported me to/from Rayong each day, as well as to meetings in Bangkok. I was hosted to many nights out during my stay, including some zesty private clubs in Bangkok where anything goes. This was my first true taste of Thailand (but no boys yet).

Frankly, up till this point, I wasn't too thrilled with Thailand. The heat and humidity sucked, the traffic was worse than San Juan, there wasn't a hockey channel on any of the TV's, and their idea of pizza is fake orange cheese sprinkled on cardboard. What's to like?

I was returning from my work in Rayong once on a Friday night, and decided to go out on the town for some fun, versus returning straight to the Dusit like I normally did. I had my driver drop me off right in the middle of the flashing neon lights on the corner of Pattayaland Soi 3 and Beach Road. Knowing that I was severely overdressed, I took off my tie, unbuttoned the collar on my shirt, and took my sport coat off and tossed it over my shoulder. Knowing what I do now, I would never step one foot in Pattaya dressed like that. It was the same as painting a target on my back - with the words..."I’m a Sucker - Rip Me Off" stenciled across my shoulders.

So, there I was. A businessman, complete with Gucci shoes, Bill Blass slacks, and rose-tinted polaroid sunglasses, standing right in the middle of a herd of scantily dressed girls posing with drink signs in front of "Bubbles GoGo” on my right, and the flashing lights of Thaiboysboys GoGo on my left.

After spending a lifetime of hiding in a closet, I was about to experience a life-changing event (meant quiet literally). I walked nervously up the stairs at Thaiboysboys, and never made it past the door boy. The door boy (named Tar) was, without a doubt, the most gorgeous boy I had ever laid eyes on in my life, and that includes magazine pictures and movies. He was a living doll! He appeared to be a bit young to be a dancer, and I thought that maybe he was just standing there waiting for his older brother to finish work or something. He was slim, but shapely, with medium-brown shoulder-length hair, a deep milky-brown complexion, with two slits for eyes topped with thick eyelashes. He was wearing tight jeans…had an ass that had to be sculpted by the Gods…and a smile of exotic innocence that could melt iron.

I know he was saying something to me, but I can't remember a word. I just remember him leading me inside the bar and seating me in front of a stage filled with 25-30 boys, either wearing underwear, thongs, or completely nude. I have to admit, that everything that happened after this is a bit foggy, as is the rest of my life.

I remember Tar taking a seat next to me and immediately putting his hand on my leg. I'll remember that moment in time for the rest of my life. I found myself being consumed with a flood of thoughts and emotions...with my gazes alternating between the boys on stage...and Tar's hypnotic eyes. I downed a few Leo's as quickly as possible just to calm myself down and gain some composure. Tar was keeping up with me, while his hand kept drifting higher and higher up my leg until it was finally resting on my cock, which was all I could handle. Twenty minutes later we were walking through the lobby of Dusit - with my heart beating so fast I thought I would die before reaching the elevator.

With the exception of a few very short “touchy-felly” interactions during my adolescence, this was the first time I had full-fledged sex with another male. I was just a few months from my 40th birthday, and according to Tar, he was 18 (questionable). which heightened my apprehensions even more. He seemed to know where I was at instinctively, and to this day, I remain impressed with how mature he was at that young age, especially when it came to foreplay. He knew exactly which buttons to push. The first time I took his cock in my mouth I came almost immediately. He just chuckled, and said “that’s OK’ you can cum again”. At one point he asked me if I wanted to fuck him – or did I want him to fuck me. I had never experienced either and found myself fumbling for words. Again, I think he knew instinctively what I wanted – and he simply rolled over on his stomach and started pumping his ass up and down in slow motions. Using a condom never entered my mind. I was in heaven.

I had absolutely no idea what to tip him in the morning, so I handed him 12,000 baht – which was the same amount that my Company was paying for each night’s stay in the executive suite at Dusit. By the shear amazement in his expression I knew I did OK. He said very politely, that “this is too much to tip boy in Thailand”. (His exact words). I told him that the experience I just had was worth a hundred times more than that (my exact words).

I completed my work assignment in Rayong…boarded a flight home…handed in my resignation 2 months later…started my own International Consulting Practice…went into semi-retirement at age 44…gave myself 6 months a year to holiday in Thailand…and have been here bouncing with brown boys ever since.

Living the Dream!

5. 13 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 20th, 2021), Andaman! (April 21st, 2021), Brad the Impala (April 20th, 2021), christianpfc (April 21st, 2021), daydreamer (April 21st, 2021), Doug (April 21st, 2021), gerefan2 (April 20th, 2021), goji (April 20th, 2021), Kenny (April 20th, 2021), Nirish guy (April 20th, 2021), Oliver2 (April 20th, 2021), Ruthrieston (April 21st, 2021), TaoR (April 20th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Dodger's life-changing experience is one which many of us have enjoyed. It seems strange to me now, thinking back to 1995, that a single night could still be dominating my life, even in absence. Trying to imagine the last twenty-five years without Thailand, and the wonderful guys I've met (one in particular), is impossible. The decision to take early retirement at fifty-one so that I spend more time in Thailand, remains the most significant decision of my lifetime. And never, not for one moment, have I regretted it.

7. 4 Users gave Like to post:

francois (April 20th, 2021), Nirish guy (April 22nd, 2021), Ruthrieston (April 21st, 2021), TaoR (April 20th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Without wanting to side track this enjoyable thread ( too much) - so that's two members both stating clearly that taking early retirement was basically the best / most important decision of their lives, so just wondering as I'm getting towards that time / age ( perhaps forcibly rather than by choice thanks to Covid of late !?) does anyone have a counter argument to that position i.e "well I thought it would be a good idea but actually I should have carried on working for a while longer due to money / boredom issues etc ?"

* ( I think we all already know the answer to this question perhaps but I thought it worth asking anyway...

** mods feel of course to move this if you feel it should be a new topic rather than a sidebar ......

Liked

Nirish wrote:

mods feel of course to move this if you feel it should be a new topic rather than a sidebar ......
    Actually, I think a topic on early retirement would make an interesting thread in the Everything Else forum.

Not everyone's early retirement (including my own) has some connection to Thailand. There are probably lots of reasons and lots of accompanying challenges.

So Nirish, I will start a new thread and copy your post over there. I will later delete your post above.(If I remember!)
    Last edited by a447; April 20th, 2021 at 18:05.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post

Nirish wrote:

Actually, I think a topic on early retirement would make an interesting thread in the Everything Else forum.

Not everyone's early retirement (including my own) has some connection to Thailand. There are probably lots of reasons and lots of accompanying challenges.

So Nirish, I will start a new thread and copy your post over there. I will later delete your post above.(If I remember!)

So now you moved what admittedly would have been an interesting thread to no man’s land of “everything else” when all that was needed was to make it read Early Retirement in Thailand........not a brilliant move!!!!!
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

11. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (April 20th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    .....all that was needed was to make it read Early Retirement in Thailand......
    Nirish's post was about early retirement in general and which was not necessarily related to Thailand.

That's why I offered this explanation for the move to a new thread:

Not everyone's early retirement.....has some connection to Thailand.
    And if you can't find a different forum on this site by going to the home page, then I'm sorry but I can't help you.

13. 3 Users gave Like to post:

bjbjboy (April 20th, 2021), goji (April 22nd, 2021), Ruthrieston (April 21st, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    ...gay blog Silomfarang (Who was a member here long ago? The blog closed around 2011) in 2008 and what I read there was very enticing, so in 2009 I had my coming out and shortly later first trip to Thailand (gaycation).

At that time, I didn't know about gay forums, and there was no google maps.
    Corrections:
    The blog was gayboythailand, and the owner used to post here or on another forum under the name Silomfarang.
    Googlemaps did exist at that time, but I didn't have a smartphone, so I printed out maps from googlemaps and took the printouts with me for navigation.