List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: …are the apps and Jomtien Complex enough to keep you coming?

Liked

Re: …are the apps and Jomtien Complex enough to keep you coming?

"Are the apps and Jomtien Complex enough to keep you coming"

Yes. For all the reasons listed above.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Oliver2 (April 3rd, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...sex does play a very big role...everything else like cost, food, safety and weather are also plus factors

4. User who gave Like to post:

Zebedee (April 3rd, 2021)

Liked

I would just be happy to be on Dongtan beach during the day, followed by a good massage with a favourite masseur, and later in the evening catch a show at The Venue or other show bars... etcetera

Forum's veteran
    Liked

As several posters have mentioned already, there's a lot more to Thailand than the gogo bars and apps.

A DAY IN THE LIFE

I woke up at the crack of 6:00 AM this morning...made my routine stop at the boat docks...spent an hour at the exercise park on the beach...made a quick stop at the local street market...and just arrived home a few minutes ago.

One of the tour boats which routinely travels between Pattaya and Bang Saray was parked at none of the docks loading supplies. I watched as the two brothers who operate the vessel did their morning tasks. One looked over to where I was parked and smiled...as he always does. He's the younger of the two brothers and seems to prefer the lighter tasks, and walks with a bit of a sway in his hips. They are both great guys. If I didn't have a boyfriend, I would have accepted one of the younger brothers invitations to join him on-deck by now. Watching him shower on the aft deck when the chores are done - with the morning sun glistening on the sea around him, is a great way to start a day.

The exercise park is always populated with regular visitors jogging and doing their stretches during the week, with weekends (such as today) getting a bit more crowded with visitors - mostly from the Bangkok metropolitan area(s). Mostly older people like me...huffing and puffing their way around the jogging lanes, and small groups of Thai women who go to the park wearing very fashionable fitness suits so they can sit around on the stationary exercise equipment talking to each other. Today there was a young guy jogging solo who could grace the cover of "Dreamboy Magazine". I met him a few years ago. He only shows up on Saturdays, prefers running shirtless, speaks good English, and has been telling me lately about his recent breakup with his Thai boyfriend of 3 years. Again, having a boyfriend myself, I tend to guide the conversation away from any areas which could become uncomfortable.

Bang Saray has a very active and bustling morning street market - typical of most you see anywhere else in Thailand. The son of one of the larger vegetable vendors always gives me a sly grin when he sees sizing up Japanese cucumbers. His brother, who is also gay, works at one of the seven-elevens in town, and seems to share the same unique sense of humor.

Most, if not all of the boys mentioned above, have seen Jai and I together in town at one time or another, which is one reason I think they're always so friendly and hospitable to me.

I've been living here full-time for 2-1/2 years now, and, to be as honest as I possibly can about this, I doubt that I would be going to the gogo bars or using the apps even in the event I didn't have a boyfriend. There are just so many nice guys around. No doubt, they're much easier to spot when they're standing on a gogo stage with a number pinned to their shorts, but they're here just the same. Sometimes spontaneity can be the greatest reward when hooking up with someone who's not connected to "the scene". Sex is always better!

I imagine post-pandemic Pattaya will have evolved into a gay scene having more casual gay bars - than the in-your-face gogo bars, but there will always be public gays venues. And best of all...there will always be Thai Boys who are anxious to meet you. I don't believe there's anywhere on earth with more potential for a gay man than Thailand.

7. 21 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 3rd, 2021), Andaman! (April 3rd, 2021), Armando (April 3rd, 2021), arsenal (April 3rd, 2021), Aux1010 (April 4th, 2021), bazzabear (April 4th, 2021), Brad the Impala (April 3rd, 2021), christianpfc (April 4th, 2021), Dax (April 3rd, 2021), daydreamer (April 4th, 2021), gerefan2 (April 3rd, 2021), goji (April 3rd, 2021), Kenny (April 3rd, 2021), Lotusleaf (April 3rd, 2021), Oliver2 (April 3rd, 2021), Ruthrieston (April 4th, 2021), snotface (April 3rd, 2021), splinter1949 (April 3rd, 2021), StevieWonders (April 3rd, 2021), TaoR (April 4th, 2021), Zebedee (April 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Pattaya minus the gogo bars would still be better than alternatives like... Myanmar.
    Definitely.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Pattaya minus the gogo bars would still be better than alternatives like... Myanmar.
    Definitely.

Or for that fact North Korea and Yemen....Lol
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

10. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 3rd, 2021)

Liked

Lovely to read Dodger. Have you heard of a new fangled thingy called a camera? Just sayin' like. *

* My comemt is of course, meant in jest but you should probably expect frequent/mrgiggles etc etc to use it to troll. Again and again.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post

I've been living here full-time for 2-1/2 years now, and, to be as honest as I possibly can about this, I doubt that I would be going to the gogo bars or using the apps even in the event I didn't have a boyfriend.

Each to his own, but I think differently.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Definitely.

Or for that fact North Korea and Yemen....Lol
    Yangon did have some of the most obliging massage boys I've ever encountered. So good, that despite downsides like poor food, I would probably have been back there this winter. As well as visting Pattaya of course.
    However covid stopped that.
    The Junta would now discourage me from visiting for a while.

Liked

Very simple...same as me.....not complicated...