List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Biden: "the guy who runs that outfit over there".

Liked

Re: Biden: "the guy who runs that outfit over there".

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    If I can assume that your answer to the above is "yes a boss can change the health ministers decisions" ( just to speed things up) then THAT takes us right back to the same position that we have here in that a health professional makes their recommendations and then a politician, with no medical experience, can overrule then if they decide to - not so different to here after all perhaps,

For instance if your health minister said " it's critical that we have a total lockdown, all shops and offices to close NOW" but the Prime Minister decided that "No, stop, that wouldn't be a good idea economically / politically we're not doing that" then there you have a "health" decision being made by a non health professional. Just exactly the same as what happens here.
    No. Answer is "No". If Healthcare minister says "lockdown" - nobody can say "No" - by law he may declare lockdown and even army must support his decision and by law is criminal not to support.

You don't understand: here is government of professionals. They have responsibility areas - each within own competences. Each of them is #1 in decisions within competences, and law warranties what professional decision will be implemented in life. The only way to stop - dismiss government or minister (Putin can dismiss minister, but can't appoint new one).
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    I think you're putting to much sway on your view that "non professionals" are making the decisions, they are, but only with strong and skilled advisors behind them.
    This is point of weakness. How not professional may make decision if he even not able to to understand expert and must just to trust him? Any medical professional is still medical professional and neurologist Skvortcova is able to understand experts in epidemiology or virusology. What will understand attorney general from expert? "Oh that's bad" - it is only sentence he will recognize from whole speech of his virusology adviser.

- Oh, that's bad...
    - How bad it is?
    - Very bad!
    - Attention all! Lockdown!

Well... Attorney General... USA are responsible for 25% of all Corona cases in World.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ok, I got that. Here by the way it's the same, if our health minister declares "lock down" then that too becomes law and no one can change that - well not easily anyway and only after a lot of democratic votes in the parliament etc later and / or the Prime Minister intervening / sacking that health minister and reappointing a new one. So whilst I hear and get your saying about you only appointing professionals etc I actually dont think there's that much difference, the only difference being our professionals strongly advise our elected health minister - and their role is more of an administrative one rather than anyone actually expecting them to know the answers to specific health related questions - as of course NO one person can be an expert in everything, even if its only health related etc.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

never thought i would live long enoughto see the US a country I love visiting and admire warts and all....never thought I would see it reduced to having to choose between deranged orange clown and senile stupid....place is full of young innovative people and technoilogy and silicion valley and NY...the arts ....wealth...freedom...and what do we have to choose from?! Like the monkeys have escaped and are running the zoo...

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    President Biden on Monday seemed to forget Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s name at a White House event — calling the Pentagon chief "the guy who runs that outfit over there."

"And I want to thank the sec — the, the, ah former general. I keep calling him general, but my, my — the guy who runs that outfit over there," Biden said.

What's the number of article that allows to remove US president by health conditions?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...ns-that-outfit
    Was Biden simply being ironic? Given that Americans generally don’t “get” irony that’s unlikely. Perhaps he was making a self-deprecating reference to his well-known propensity to make gaffes? Words spoken, when written down, often lose the context of the event. Finally, look at the source - Fox News - hardly an objective or even credible source of reporting.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...like CNN is?!

Liked

George Bush, ie Bushisims :
    1. “Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

2. “I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family.”—Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

3. “Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?”—Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

4. “Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYNs aren’t able to practice their love with women all across the country.”—Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

5. “Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican.”—declining to answer reporters’ questions at the Summit of the Americas, Quebec City, Canada, April 21, 2001

6. “You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.”—Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

7. “I’m the decider, and I decide what is best. And what’s best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense.”—Washington, D.C., April 18, 2006

8. “See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.”—Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

9. “I’ve heard he’s been called Bush’s poodle. He’s bigger than that.”—discussing former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, as quoted by the Sun newspaper, June 27, 2007

10. “And so, General, I want to thank you for your service. And I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq.”—meeting with Army Gen. Ray Odierno, Washington, D.C., March 3, 2008

11. “We ought to make the pie higher.”—South Carolina Republican debate, Feb. 15, 2000

12. “There’s an old saying in Tennessee—I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can’t get fooled again.”—Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

13. “And there is distrust in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the amount of distrust that exists in this town. And I’m sorry it’s the case, and I’ll work hard to try to elevate it.”—speaking on National Public Radio, Jan. 29, 2007

14. “We’ll let our friends be the peacekeepers and the great country called America will be the pacemakers.”—Houston, Sept. 6, 2000