Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Resident Alien

Liked

Resident Alien

Another new TV series worth considering in these miserable days of lockdowns and which is due to be broadcast next week is an American sci-fi, comedy-drama called Resident Alien. Two trailers which piqued my interest are shown below. It is due to be shown in the UK, on Sky One, on Thursday, 28th.

Resident Alien is an upcoming American science fiction comedy-drama television series based on comic book of the same name that is set to premiere on January 27, 2021 on Syfy.

Premise
    After crash-landing on Earth, an alien takes on the identity of a small-town Colorado doctor and wrestles with the moral dilemma of his secret mission.
    Source: Wikipedia

Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

francois (January 25th, 2021), Zebedee (January 25th, 2021)

Liked

Re: Resident Alien

Thanks Jellybean, I watched those two trailers and it would be the type of series Id enjoy, I'll keep an eye out for it when it arrives in Perth.

No Platformed
    Liked

Americans are rather fond of that genre - genial genies and witches living among us. I suspect it feeds into the Great American Gullibility around UFOs (and religion). I’m still waiting for a UFO to land on the White House lawn. If they can travel here our puny weapons could not stop them. But apparently they’re just teasers.

Angels In America is another example of the tendency.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

explains small handed orange man...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
    Thanks Jellybean, I watched those two trailers and it would be the type of series Id enjoy, I'll keep an eye out for it when it arrives in Perth.
    Here’s hoping it’s as good as the trailers Zebedee. On first inspection, the script and the production values looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    . . . I’m still waiting for a UFO to land on the White House lawn . . .
    No surprises then that a search of Google couldn’t find any such reports, StevieWonders. The nearest I could find is a History Channel report , a Wikipedia report on a series of UFO incidents in 1952, which was also known as the “Washington flap” and a British Pathé news film report:

Updated: Feb 12, 2020 Original: Mar 10, 2019

In 1952, 'Flying Saucers' Over Washington Sent the Press Into a Frenzy

UFO reports in the capital's air space set headlines blaring across the nation about 'disks' and 'whatzits' and mysterious lights.

Missy Sullivan

If 1952 marked the year that UFO fever spread across Cold War America, events in late July of that year spiked that mania to critical levels. That's when the grandfather of all "saucer" sightings took place in the skies above the nation's capital, causing a coast-to-coast collective jaw drop.

Over several weeks, up to a dozen unexplained objects repeatedly streaked across the skies over Washington, D.C.—spotted not just by crackpots, but by radar operators, professional pilots and other highly credible witnesses. The Air Force scrambled fighter jets, but the 'saucers' outran them. Around the U.S., sci-fi-like headlines blared, rumors flew and sightings soared.

When President Harry Truman quietly called for answers, a representative from the Air Force's secret UFO-investigation team, Project Blue Book, was summoned to D.C. But before anyone could fully probe the incidents, the Air Force hastily convened a press conference to quell the panic, blaming the whole thing on the weather . . .
    Source: History Channel

1952 Washington, D.C. UFO incident

The 1952 Washington, D.C. UFO incident, also known as the Washington flap, the Washington National Airport Sightings, or the Invasion of Washington,[1] was a series of unidentified flying object reports from July 12 to July 29, 1952, over Washington, D.C. The most publicized sightings took place on consecutive weekends, July 19–20 and July 26–27. UFO historian Curtis Peebles called the incident "the climax of the 1952 (UFO) flap" - "Never before or after did Project Blue Book and the Air Force undergo such a tidal wave of (UFO) reports." . . .
    Source: Wikipedia

And an old 1950’s British Pathé news report, which doesn’t really tell us much.

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    explains small handed orange man...
    And in reply to the above post by latintopxxx, I thought the following image, which is currently doing the rounds on facebook, and to which I added extra text for the purposes of this post, was particularly apposite.

New maid.jpg
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases