Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian COVID vaccine - published results

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Russian COVID vaccine - published results

Having read today on the BBC that the death toll in Russian from Covid related illnesses was three times higher than previously reported I'm glad to hear that you've now had both of your vaccine shots and hopefully Covid is one thing you (Moses) can personally start to think about less re your own personal health at least.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55474028

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Having read today on the BBC that the death toll in Russian from Covid related illnesses was three times higher than previously reported

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55474028
    BBC are stupid. They make "news" from nothing.

There are 2 numbers in Russian statistic about COVID. First is deaths "because of COVID" and it in accordance with local standards is reported daily to WHO. Second is number of deaths linked to COVID - for example person who has COVID and weight 200kg died from heart attack in hospital. This person will be reported in second number only. But person who has lungs damaged 90% and died from low oxygen in blood will be in both numbers. Each country has own national standards how to record reasons of the death. Golikova talks about second numbers, Russia reports to WHO first numbers, nothing new. We have Russian proverb "To suck news from finger". It is exactly this case.

Govt doesn't hide numbers here and reports both numbers on monthly basis.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

To be fair I think the BBC also explained that fairly clearly that in their article too. They aren't criticising, merely pointing out your own difference in reporting numbers and how (as you've also said ) that if the second group of numbers were used as reported by your own Deputy Prime Minister and not the first your "deaths from Covid" basic numbers then your death rate would show as a much higher figure than before.

They also reported that your Dep PM stated that you weren't previously "hiding" figures, just reporting them differently, which again is basically what that BBC article was saying too, whilst flagging up the change in figures DID change your "deaths from" figure too of course, so it's hardly either stupid or news from nothing really, it is just "fact" it seems. Our Govt tried using both figures for a while too I should add, but also had to report and end up using the higher ( more accurate / true) figure as well.

From the BBC article.....
    "Russia has been criticised for calculating its official deaths from Covid-19 based on the number of post-mortem examinations that list coronavirus as the main cause of death. However, this means that other deaths linked to Covid-19, which did not list it as the main cause of death, will not have been included.The new numbers mean Russia's coronavirus death toll could be the world's third-highest, after the US with 335,000 deaths"

Either

Liked

N.g. you didn't got my point about BBC's article.

My point is: it is just typical British propaganda. Day by day they (BBC) publishing such "news" where "Russia hiding", "highly likely Russia", "Russian hackers", now "3 times higher than prev. reported" But prev reported were both numbers. Both. If they "previously" had read one only - it is their guilt, not Russian, because previously and previously-previously were reported both, not one.

Also it is annoying what BBC writes "news" about level of COVID in Russia (280 per 1 mln) every week at least, but pays no attention to Sweden or Poland. Nobody questions level or reported deaths in Germany (the same as in Russia - 277) nor in Poland, or Denmark (211). Even 39 per million in Australia isn't in news as well as 99 from Finland. So my post above was not about criticism, but about propaganda. Clean, uncovered and straightforward propaganda. Like drops in the silence, one by one, by one... annoying.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No you’re right, I don’t see your point. Well I read it but I don’t agree with it.

Just as the west are do undoubtedly use propaganda ( as Russia does) I actually don’t think this is one of those times. I seen it more as the BBC simply saying that your Dep PM is now releasing numbers ( to the west?) that have been declared in one way before but if abd as they are are now also being declared another way ( by your own Dep PM) then your deaths from number will be higher than before. That’s just a simple statement of fact.

As I said the UK Government also reported their numbers “differently” before as well and they too had to accept the fact that when declared / read differently they gave the UK a much higher death rate too.

Sometimes news is just news and not “always” hard core propaganda against Russia ( as you seemingly always tend to see it?)

But ok, my point remains the same, no matter which method of counting is used I’m happy tyat you now have been able to get both your injections and can now start to think less about catching Covid yourself at least now.

Liked

Congratulations Moses. You are now ready to go to LOS! Just tell them that you are immunised and they will let you in, no doubt.

As for Covid death related numbers, I think that every country hides real numbers, partly because they dont know exactly and partly because they dont want to be sought as bad managers of that pandemic. Now the UK, in its current catastrophic scenario of infections, needs to point to other countries as worst than themselves. Russia has been chosen for that!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post

Sometimes news is just news and not “always” hard core propaganda against Russia ( as you seemingly always tend to see it?)
    If I will believe in all they say about Russia, I must to be proud about Russia: we already installed few US presidents, won space competition, Russian hackers feel themselves in defense ministries of all NATO countries like at home as well in NATO itself, our poisons are most dangerous in World and our rockets most fast.

About travel certificates. Here is announced what since January everyone Russian who is vaccinated will have possibility to download own vaccination certificate from whole-country state service site (where we can order and receive many other state service like passports and so on - from insurance to health and law, over 250 services provided by state are in catalogue), looks like it will use blockchain technology.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    If I will believe in all they say about Russia, I must to be proud about Russia: we already installed few US presidents, won space competition, Russian hackers feel themselves in defense ministries of all NATO countries like at home as well in NATO itself, our poisons are most dangerous in World and our rockets most fast.
    You’ve left assassinating journalists inside Russia whose reports annoy Putin off your list of triumphs.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

You also forgot the award for being the manufacturer of the most dangerous underwear in the world too !

Although that one I was quietly quite pleased about as if Governments are still going to go about killing people ( that's ALL governments before you start freaking out there Moses) I was quietly please that Russia had (ALLEGEDLY MOSES !!) developed poison built into a guys underwear as THAT is no less that I would expect from a good spy story. That's right up there with the CIA's secret message dead rats in Russia or their exploding cigars plans in Cuba !! ( Well, assuming those stories are all true of of course and aren't just Russian propaganda of course as one cant be too careful about that sort of thing - eh Moses !

Liked

Russian TV just announced news about first state-developed drug against COVID. "Tested for safe use, patented. Clinical trial for effectiveness will start today. Kills virus. Expected effectiveness 99%." - quotes from chief of state bio-medical agency Skvortcova.