Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indian employees

Liked

Indian employees

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    The Indians produce IT experts far superior to the UK in quality and number.
    IT must be some kind of exception within India.
    I've had extensive experience of Indian educated Indians in another professional field and found them to be invariably useless. For offshore & onshore work, the Vietnamese were vastly superior. Colleagues who have worked in India have similar views.

Then, at a lower level, we have Indian call centres, which have a well deserved reputation for not resolving any problems ever.

Finally, my ex employer moved the IT helpdesk from east Europe to India to save money. As you might expect, they were TOTALLY useless. Perhaps they just failed to find any of these IT experts ?

By the way, this is not a matter of race, it's more one of education and culture, since I note people from south Asia born and educated in the UK tend to be at least as good as anyone else.

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: The world’s favourite airline abandons Bangkok

Making a generalisation about all Indians in India based on the calibre of call centre operatives is still racist. The issue is Indian entrepreneurs and senior managers. Look up “Indian billionaires” in Wikipedia - few are in IT (or call centres).

Liked

Call centres is chicken feed IT.
    What is astounding issues out of the numerous Indian Institutes of Technology and with further training and support they get in the USA and other tier one institutions, their expertise is clearly sought after by the technology, banking and insurance sectors. The top billionaires are all very strong in IT, from Bezos to Bill Gates and Jack Ma etc. Big data and big time IT.

Forum's veteran Brad the Impala's Avatar
    Liked

Can't wait for the 500,000 Hongkongers to bring their expertise to the UK. If only there were fewer anglo saxon incompetents and more immigrants the country would run better.

Why are there so many brits on this forum?!

No Platformed
    Liked

As we seem to have lurched onto the question of Indian talent in this time of COVID-19, perhaps some might enjoy reading these recent articles about an Indian pharmaceutical manufacturer. Remember we're not talking about Indian-invented intellectual property, merely Indian business acumen

The (to me) delightfully named Adar Poonwalla:
    https://www.politico.eu/article/adar...over-vaccines/
    https://qz.com/india/1938686/serums-...id-19-vaccine/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Making a generalisation about all Indians in India based on the calibre of call centre operatives is still racist.
    Anyone who reads my post completely and with honest intentions will see that I've also referred to extensive experience of Indians working in another profession.
    I've also taken care to state my experiences were with Indian educated Indians and pointed out that when the same race go through the UK education system, they're at least at the same level as the locals.

Only a professional troll intent on stirring up sh*t and driving good people away from the forum would conclude that's racism.
    If we had some pruning of the membership list, the board would see more content from members with positive intent. When it's dragged down in this way, why bother ?

7. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (December 19th, 2020), francois (December 19th, 2020), TaoR (December 20th, 2020), Zebedee (December 19th, 2020)

Liked

Re: Indian employees

Quote Originally Posted by dinigam
    The Indians produce IT experts far superior to the UK in quality and number.
    You quite obviously don't work in the IT field, or at least not the technology side of it, because my god is that statement ever incorrect.

I usually don't like to generalize, and maybe the Indians that managed to get VISAs for the UK / US are better quality, but the ones who live and work in India are absolutely horrendous, and produce nothing but garbage ridden, horrid spaghetti code. And it's not just me who thinks this, it's very well known throughout the entire industry. No self respecting software developer with some dignity works with these guys.

If and when I cross paths with a client who asks me to work on code that was initially written by someone who lives in works in India, I simply refuse the project. I tell them either I can rewrite the system from scratch, or they can find a new developer, because the aggravation caused by trying to fix all their fuck ups simply isn't worth it.

I've been at this software thing for 20 years, and every single time I've had to sift through code written by someone in India, it's been absolute garbage. No proper line spacing, indentation or comments, no standardization with different naming conventions and styles randomly being used all over the place, they screw up the most basic of concepts, generally so insecure an average 12 year old after watching a few videos on Youtube about hacking could rip through the system, completely disorganized, no thought put into future scalability or maintenance, and the list goes on.

I've even had clients come to me saying they really need a professional because their site is getting slow due to the huge growth and number of new registrations. I naturally ask how many users they have, and they reply with something like 15k. My god, in 2020 it honestly takes a concertated effort to screw up software so badly it begins slowing down after a measly 15k users.

9. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (December 20th, 2020)

No Platformed
    Liked

But are some of your best friends Indians, Matt?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...have no idea what matty is saying...can we hire someone from the largest english speaking country...say India...to translate...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...have no idea what matty is saying...
    Well, that's no surprise. You're not intelligent enough to understand, now please let the adults talk.

13. User who gave Like to post:

francois (December 20th, 2020)