Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: My quest for a Visa

Liked

Re: Barebacking, PrEP & HIV transmission in Thailand

Thank you Dodger.
    I walk several miles per day. The in room circuit is about 16 metres, so it's 100 laps per mile.
    I also do some push ups and sit ups, however it would probably take some calorific restriction to end up with a completely flat tummy.
    However, I'm not going to take calorific restriction to the level practised by another board member in quarantine: https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/20...-cambodia.html
    I suspect prisoners in Tol Sleung ate more than that.

Once I get out, the plan is to spend a few days in Bangkok, then head on down to Pattaya. After that, there's no plan, but perhaps it's time to go back to the south of Thailand.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    I walk several miles per day. The in room circuit is about 16 metres, so it's 100 laps per mile.
    I also do some push ups and sit ups
    an acquaintance of a friend of mine knew someone (a highly reliable source?) who said they did their quarantine at the Amara in Surawong - they took the rooftop penthouse that featured an exercise bike in the room and a private terrace and garden where you could enjoy your snacks, meals, coffee, etc and stroll in the garden to fresh air etc - very expensive but worth it they said!
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

Liked

Congratulations to both of you! After the STV (Special Tourist Visa) disaster, I would not have thought the Thai will manage to set up something with acceptable conditions, but here is the proof!

I notice there are a lot of flights arriving between 22:00 and midnight. So perhaps the quarantine clock starts ticking from the moment the plane arrives ? I would want to know if having a late arrival.
    I can only tell for Cambodia. My scheduled arrival was 22:25, departure was delayed by half an hour and arrival was 23:00, and day of arrival is day 0 in count, even though my sample was taken on following day around 00:30.

Two weeks quarantine without any food or exercise had no or insignificant effect on me. Only days later, I did walks of 3 km in Phnom Penh and it didn't feel any different.

Liked

Re: My quest for a Visa

From what I've heard from others who have tried 7 day fasts, it's recommended to start off with some bland and easy to digest food afterwards.

Going straight to Khmer food is probably not what they have in mind.

No Platformed
    Liked

Will goji and gerefan2 be released in time to welcome Santa coming down their chimneys?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    The British winter is gruesome, often dark at 4.00pm. Miserable.
    Dark at 4 pm. Try Northern Norway, where the sun is below the horizon for months.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Will goji and gerefan2 be released in time to welcome Santa coming down their chimneys?
    Not me.....

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Not me.....
    Not me either, having arrived on the same plane.

Today is covid test day, so time to have a cotton swab rammed up my nose.
    Back in the summer, someone on Test Match Special described this as like someone trying to take your eyeball out by ramming a snooker cue up the nostrils.

Despite allegedly having a nurse on site 24 hours a day, we were all called down for the tests in quick succession. Which means sharing the lift and so on. The instruction was to wear the hotel slippers (rather than virus laden farang footwear).

Although I did not notice on arrival, the carpet in the corridor is covered in vinyl in order to comply with regulations. Thankfully my room has a tiled floor.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post

Two weeks quarantine without any food ......
    What was your reason for not eating food? Just curious.

10. User who gave Like to post:

StevieWonders (December 16th, 2020)

Liked

Today is covid test day, so time to have a cotton swab rammed up my nose.
    Back in the summer, someone on Test Match Special described this as like someone trying to take your eyeball out by ramming a snooker cue up the nostrils.
    My Covid test with a cotton swab in the nose was not at all unpleasant. How did you fare?

12. User who gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (October 14th, 2021)