List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel to Thailand...Help is on the way!....Moderna Covid Vaccine 94.5% Effective

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Travel to Thailand...Help is on the way!....Moderna Covid Vaccine 94.5% Effective

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I said from the very beginning that a vaccine would be here before the end of the year. Few here agreed with me.
    I still don't.

There probably won't be a vaccine available to the public here, or anywhere else for that fact, until 2021.

2. User who gave Like to post:

francois (November 18th, 2020)

Liked

Re: Travel to Thailand...Help is on the way!....Moderna Covid Vaccine 94.5% Effective

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    Perhaps you could list the existing mRNA vaccines in common use?
    mRNA is method (if talk about creation of some substance), it may be used for vaccine creation or some medical drug or just another substance for biochemistry

so answer to your question is sure: influenza, Ebola, Toxoplasmose... you can read more here: Chahal JS, Kahn OF, Cooper CL, et al. Dendrimer-RNA nanoparticles generate protective immunity against lethal Ebola, H1N1 influenza, and Toxoplasma gondii challenges with a single dose. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2016; 113(29): E4133-42

... or in easy reading here: https://www.phgfoundation.org/docume...efing-note.pdf - Introduction on RNA vaccines by Cambrige UNI, 2018
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

4. User who gave Like to post:

dab69 (November 18th, 2020)

Liked

They still need to publish data for all aspects of the testing, including side effects.
    The regulators need to approve the vaccine.
    Then it needs to be manufactured and distributed.

There is not much visibility about timescales for these steps, but it seems POSSIBLE that a few people might be vaccinated in 2020.

I suspect most of us will be waiting until well into 2021.
    I also suspect that what matters for travel to Thailand is the deployment of a vaccine in Thailand.
    After all, if a vaccine is 90 or 95% effective in preventing covid, there will still be some people with covid in western countries, until a sufficient number are vaccinated to generate a level of herd immunity.

Liked

The day that 60+% of Thais and 60+% of prospective travelers to Thailand are vaccinated with a 90+%-effective vaccine is the day we can all celebrate! The doors to the Kingdom will sure spring open. When would such a milestone be reached? Anybody's guess. Mine is very-late-2021, maybe in time for high-season.

I think the real question, sorry for duplicating an earlier post, is what we would likely find there when our airport coach reaches the Jomtien terminal.

I took my first foray, since the pandemic struck in March, by air to SF two weeks ago. I found an SF which I barely recognized. The most shocking impression was to see so many storefronts boarded up, both in the neighborhoods as well as in downtown Union Sq, as a result of closures as well as fear of post-election unrest. It was a bit of a dystopian visit. Luckily now I am safely back home.

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    mRNA is method (if talk about creation of some substance), it may be used for vaccine creation or some medical drug or just another substance for biochemistry

so answer to your question is sure: influenza, Ebola, Toxoplasmose... you can read more here: Chahal JS, Kahn OF, Cooper CL, et al. Dendrimer-RNA nanoparticles generate protective immunity against lethal Ebola, H1N1 influenza, and Toxoplasma gondii challenges with a single dose. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2016; 113(29): E4133-42

... or in easy reading here: https://www.phgfoundation.org/docume...efing-note.pdf - Introduction on RNA vaccines by Cambrige UNI, 2018
    As many articles point out (including the following one) it has been a long road to develop a viable mRNA vaccine and it’s only recent developments that seem to be promising. As Dr Wikipedia points out there are no mRNA vaccines currently approved for general human use

https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Moderna stock down 4.9% today

Liked

Sooo vaccine comes out...those who get it...I think TH authorities will still make those persons quarantine 14 days, need the insurance, etc...AND..I assume one is given some sort of certificate proving one got the vaccine??? Otherwise it would not be believable...it is all a mess I fear.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The best part of this is that in the USA "Warp Speed" millions of doses of vaccine being tested were already
    manufactured during the testing phase and are ready to be distributed as soon as they are approved.
    There will only be manufacturing vaccine to replace what will be distributed and sold to other countries.

Many here will ignorantly not want the vaccine,
    "More for us that DO want a dose!"

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    I assume one is given some sort of certificate proving one got the vaccine??? Otherwise it would not be believable...
    I think nobody will trust to certificates, more possible rapid blood test for antibodies right in airport on arrival, some test takes only 10 min
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by StevieWonders View Post
    As many articles point out (including the following one) it has been a long road to develop a viable mRNA vaccine and it’s only recent developments that seem to be promising. As Dr Wikipedia points out there are no mRNA vaccines currently approved for general human use

https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243
    Look, mRNA vaccines for general use does not exists not because it is hard to invent, but because they are few times more expensive than "regular vaccines". That why already exists mRNA vaccines against cancer, Zika and Ebola and does not exists mRNA vaccines against measles for example - we don't need them because already existing cheap "regular vaccines" do their job.

There is no science break trough in mRNA vaccine against COVID, method known and many times proved its effectiveness. The only task what all manufacturers doing now - to choose which segment of virus RNA insert into vaccine's molecule, make chain of biochemical processes for to produce vaccine cheap, clear from additional chemical reagents and make it easy for to transport and use.