Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pattaya in the post-corona era

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Pattaya in the post-corona era

A lot of people consider Sunee Plaza as being a dead elephant. I certainly agree that it's been a dying elephant, but not quite so sure its taken its last breath yet.

Beer and Mak who own/operate Nice Boys Gogo have been successful in the Sunee gogo scene for decades, cutting their teeth at the legendary KAOS, and then taking ownership of Nice Boys which has now outlasted all of the other Sunee gogo bars.

Beer and Mak changed their business model 10 years ago when Sunee started going downhill and on-line dating Apps started growing in popularity, which, in my opinion was brilliant. Instead of staffing and paying gogo dancers based on a full-time basis as they did in the past, they transitioned to staffing dancers based on a freelance arrangement, where they simply show up to work when and if they want to,,,dance for tips...and receive no salaries. This type of business model provides the flexibility the boys need to work the apps as they chose, and/or use the dance floor at Nice Boys as a fill-in. The bar in turn makes money on the drinks the dancers generate and the off fee's, with minimal overhead expenses.

I'm hoping (probably overly optimistic) that Nice Boys will be the spark that rekindles the fires in Sunee going forward.

2. 6 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 12th, 2020), christianpfc (May 12th, 2020), dab69 (May 12th, 2020), llz (May 16th, 2020), moistmango (May 21st, 2020), splinter1949 (May 12th, 2020)

Liked

Nice post Dodger.
    I like your optimism and I share it completely.
    Even before NB did it Krazy Dragon allowed the boys to be salaried or freelance with different obligations for each.

Those bars that intended to continue will do so and those bars which were about to close anyway* will do so.

*Rainbow Bar in Sunee was closing down and Double Shot had been on borrowed time for at least a year.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post

*Rainbow Bar in Sunee was closing down and Double Shot had been on borrowed time for at least a year.
    I have spoken to two of the Doubleshot staff and they confirm that it will not reopen in Sunee. They tell me it will relocate to Jomtien, somewhere near Poseidon.

Another poster on here, and on the dark side, confirms that the bar has been emptied....as has the Elephant Hotel.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I have spoken to two of the Doubleshot staff and they confirm that it will not reopen in Sunee. They tell me it will relocate to Jomtien, somewhere near Poseidon.

Another poster on here, and on the dark side, confirms that the bar has been emptied....as has the Elephant Hotel.
    A rumor...(but coming from a reliable source), the owner of Double Shot has moved over to "Man Bar" in Jomtien Complex.

Liked

I remember staying in the Elephant Hotel several times around 2004 when Sunee was very popular for gay tourists and expats. The rooms were accessed by steep narrow stairs. Very convenient for taking boys from the dozen or so gogos.

Liked

Location! Location! Location! That best describes the Elephant's main attraction.

Apart from that, the rooms were huge - I loved the big shower - and the ladyboy cleaner was friendly and efficient.

I was very careful not to go anywhere near that old pink sofa, somehow held together by God knows how much cum deposited on it over the years.

I shall miss the Elephant Plaza. I had so many fun times there.

8. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 12th, 2020)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

When and if Nice Boys reopens it faces many obstacles as the owner Beer appears to make little effort recruiting new boys and the core group just gets older. Now they have gone to points unknown, after being gone so long how many will return to the uncertainty of few, few customers?
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

There has been a core group of boys (several of which are my type), and new talent on most of my visits (once per month when I'm in Thailand, which is about 8 months per year). Unfortunately the new talent I had my eyes on (Folk from Chiang Rai and Nine from Korat) didn't stay long.

11. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 12th, 2020), llz (May 16th, 2020)

Liked

Folk. Number 2 on my all time list of greatest go go boys.

One time he was actually with me when I read what you'd written about him. So I told him. His face....a mixture of surprise and delight. Priceless.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

I am in touch with Folk he didn’t like Pattaya and is happy now in Chiang Rai and has his own Tattoo shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

14. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 12th, 2020)