Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surawong Road and Patpong 2 Alley

Liked

Re: Surawong Road and Patpong 2 Alley

"I don't really think the impact on a declining number of sex tourists has been the major concern of the financial big wigs"

Well it bloody well should be.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (March 3rd, 2020), Jellybean (March 3rd, 2020)

Liked

As I have once said before, Thailand is nothing without the sex tourists...

Liked: 1

Thanks so much for the photos.
    I somehow manage to forget to take any when I'm there, so I enjoyed seeing the "playground".
    All the best

5. User who gave Like to post:

Jellybean (March 4th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    . . . As an aside: why are there 2 dreamboys, as fas as I could see not interconnected?
    Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, pong. I’m afraid I couldn’t quite remember if they were connected or not, so I returned and took a few photos which quite clearly show they are two separate bars/clubs. With one club called Dream Boys Paradiso and the other Dream Boys Bangkok. What the difference between the two is, I cannot say. Depending on the state of my bank account, I may perhaps pop in and have a look towards the end of my hols’ and find out.

PP44.jpg

PP42.jpg

PP40.jpg

While in the area, I took photos of a go-go bar called Banana Room Club in Silom Soi 4, which I wasn’t previously aware of. Perhaps it’s been mentioned here before; if it has, then it has slipped off my radar. It’s in the same soi as the Telephone Bar, a photo of which is also included below, before they set up the outside tables.

PP31.jpg

PP32.jpg

PP34.jpg

I also took a couple of photos of Jupiter 2018, located towards the end of Silom Soi 4.

PP38.jpg

PP33.jpg

Sadly, photos taken during the daytime have, I think, the effect of removing the sparkle and the magic from the fantasy. In the same way, as I recall, at the end of the night/early morning, the clubs in London would switch off the strobe lights and turn on the fluorescent strip lights, bringing unwanted reality in and a sure way of clearing the dance floor!

And finally, just to give some context to the photos, I also attach two maps of the Patpong and Silom areas, taken from a brochure I picked up a few weeks ago. Actually, one difference I noted from the maps, Patpong 1 is where the night-market and some of the girlie bars are located and Patpong 2 is where most of the gay go-go bars are.

PP29.jpg

PP30.jpg

7. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 15th, 2020), Josan (March 9th, 2020), TaoR (April 3rd, 2020)

Liked

Actually, for me, I prefer the new bars in Patpong 2 (compared to the old ones across the street). I like Lucky and Dream boys (both-Paradiso and BKK) with a mix of nationalities some thai, and the rest from Lao, Cambodia and Myanmmar boys. The bars are larger and have many more boys than Freshboys or Screwboys (which is a really tiny and oddly shaped bar -- long rectangle with stage on the far end). Freshboys is mostly Vietnamese and they will not bottom.

But my favorite bar is really Moonlight. Handsome muscular jocktype guys. They had a few twinks but they moved to DreamBoys Bangkok.
    Here's an example of a guy I off'ed at Moonlight.

[Link to photo of a bar-boy has been removed. Rule 3.1.1 is applicable.]
    Last edited by Jellybean; March 9th, 2020 at 18:08.
    Choose to be optimistic, it feels better
    - Dalai Lama

Forum's veteran
    Liked

That ML has a whole own thread and lots of enthusiasts, perhaps on that other forum. Another major source of enthusiasts for them were the Chinese girls before this corona outburst.
    Thanks back, khun JB, it does seem this Banana you pictured early in the day is brand new, its also lacking from that map. I saw that map before and also reailsed they must simply have exchanged PPg 1 and 2. Maybe yet another massage?

Liked

What is Patpong 'alley'? Have you been looking closely at Google Maps? It is called Soi Patpong 2.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet View Post
    What is Patpong 'alley'? Have you been looking closely at Google Maps? It is called Soi Patpong 2.
    Yes, if you must know, Patanawet, I got the title of my topic from Google maps – see below.

And as for the actual street name, I attach below the photos I took of the signs at either end of the street showing “Thanon Patpong 2”. And, out of interest, because I am curious, did you like any of the photos that I took the time and trouble to take, transfer from my phone to my computer, downsize and post on the forum, not just once, but twice?

PP47.jpg

PP37.jpg

PP43.jpg
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

12. 6 Users gave Like to post:

Aux1010 (March 14th, 2020), francois (March 13th, 2020), gerefan2 (March 12th, 2020), goji (March 16th, 2020), TaoR (April 3rd, 2020), Zebedee (March 12th, 2020)

Liked

One should try to be consistent, whether using the Thai 'soi' or the English 'alley' and not to use both in the same breath or paragraph, or putting the blame on Google.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    As I have once said before, Thailand is nothing without the sex tourists...
    Thank you, I do try to do my bit!