Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus - Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Coronavirus - Thailand

Yeah Keeny funnily I've just awoken this morning with the ( very bloody obvious) idea of perhaps I'll call the airline and see will they allow me to swap me flight to Japan straight on into Bkk just and so drop the whole Japan part of the trip and just head straight on to Thailand for an extended period. I see A447 friends appear to have been spot on re Japans numbers just being the tip of the iceberg and that there are perhaps MANY unreported cases there and their reported cases are dramatically lower that have been reported todate. If that's correct that then increases the risk even further and makes getting into Thailand after wards ( never mind not actually picking up anything myself !) quite a bit more risky perhaps!

So, once I have my coffee and I get my brain in gear I think I'll look at a few quick reroute options and even if the airline dont play ball for the £100 or so to cancel i'll just cancel that entire ticket and rebook ( elsewhere) then perhaps. We'll see.

've been in regular communication with a business supplier that I use a lot in China re orders I'm trying to ensure ARE actually getting dispatched on time and it's just scary to hear their take on things there compared to what we are being told (?) here.

They come from an area just two small provinces away from Wuhan ( about a 10 hour drive) and she tells me that "no problem, most factories are all nearly back to normal now and in fact in her whole province there is apparently only ONE case of infection left" !! Just ONE !!

She also believes their Government have been great with them in protecting them and have been very open and transparent with them about the "few" cases that there were there, however she's aware that the real problem may lie in Italy as it has huge numbers of cases but she isn't aware quite why that might be ( Diamond Princess Cruise ship says I maybe but no she'd no idea about that ?) and she wonders and it's being suggested that perhaps the virus ACTUALLY start in Italy just and that's why China's numbers are so low but Europe's numbers are MUCH higher ! ( from what she's been told).

Quite crazy when you see how Governments manipulate the media to tell us all what they want us to think and I would of course include ALL of OUR Governments in there too of course ! The one thing she did agree one is that I would be CRAZY to go to Japan just now as they too have much bigger problems than are being reported !! So it seems that message, rightly or wrongly, is spreading around the world now too.

2. User who gave Like to post:

Kenny (March 6th, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Yes. For those who believe the figures, the number of active cases in Thailand is far below most western countries, so going on holiday to Thailand is the obvious response.

Get your flight booked.

This is especially true if you live in the US. My god, what an absolute gong show. Canadian authorities seem to be doing a great job, but due to the fact Washington completely screwed it, nor do they even have tests, it's coming up here.

It's truly pathetic. Bloody pandemic is breaking out, people are dieing, and Washington's response? "Let's go shopping around, and see if we can buy a hotel". I wish I was making that up, but I'm not.

US federal response isn't any better except, "don't worry, we should have some test kits soon", and that's really about it.

So yeah, if you're American, looks like Thailand would be a far safer bet right now.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Im guessing that Trump is holding out for big numbers so he can proudly boast that

"America has the highest and the biggest numbers in the world and under his administration they're numbers like you've never seen before !!!"

But no one has gotten it through to him that on THIS occasion biggest and best perhaps ISN'T what he should be looking for !

Liked

Ohhh, he actually went on TV yesterday morning after the WHO said current mortality rate of confirmed cases is 3.4%, and he said, "ohhh, I don't believe those numbers from WHO or CDC. this is just a hunch, but it's WAY below 1%. you know, people get sick, and they still go to work, and it's just fine".

Geez, what an idiot. A pandemic probably isn't the best time for your alternative facts. This guy's legacy will probably be that crazy old President who totally dropped the ball during a pandemic, and 20 million Americans got wiped out due to it.

I still love Washington states response though.

"Hey boss, there's a epidemic, and people are dieing. What should we do?"
    "I don't know, let's buy a hotel!"

I think they're just finalizing the purchase now, or something. Took them about a week to find a good one to buy, I guess. You would think I'm joking, but that actually happend, or is happening.

You're the US. You're the largest military ever known to man. Don't you have some empty barracks laying around somewhere, or something? Their other idea was to buy some storage containers like they put on cargo ships, and start shoving the sick in them.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

So, just as quickly as I I think about altering my plans to avoid flying into Thailand from Japan this then happens........lets hope the Thai authorities dont start thinking about adding the UK to their hit list now too for additional attention.

British man tests positive in Thailand
    A British man who travelled from London on 28 February has been confirmed as Thailand's latest coronavirus case.
    The Ministry of Public Health said on Friday that the 43-year-old had transited in Hong Kong for a few hours on 29 February. He went to a private hospital in Thailand on 3 March with a fever. He is currently undergoing treatment.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/...t-in-thailand/

Liked

The latest news about quarantine and Songkran from the Bangkok Post:

Quarantine 'recommended' but enforcement unclear

Travellers from six high-risk areas must report daily health status or possibly face penalties

published : 6 Mar 2020 at 20:51
    updated: 6 Mar 2020 at 20:55
    writer: News Agencies

Authorities scrambled on Friday to ease worries about new self-quarantine measures for arrivals from six virus-hit countries and territories, a day after announcing compulsory isolation.

But confusion persists over whether the government is ordering or merely “recommending” self-quarantine for 14 days, with punishment for travellers who ignore the “advice”.

South Korea, China, Macau, Hong Kong, Italy and Iran on Thursday were officially designated as “dangerous communicable disease areas”.

Public Health Ministry spokesman Rungrueng Kiphati told Reuters on Thursday that people arriving from those six places would be fined 20,000 baht if they did not self-quarantine for 14 days at home or in a hotel room, “where they have to report themselves to the authorities every day or officials will come to check on them” . . .
    For the full report see: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...rs-to-thailand

Pattaya, Bang Saen, Khon Kaen scrap Songkran parties

Water splashing could spread virus, but some religious ceremonies may go ahead

published : 6 Mar 2020 at 18:49
    writer: Chakkrapan Natanri and Saritdet Marukatat

There will be no water splashing during Songkran — at least in Khon Kaen, Pattaya and Bang Saen — as the coronavirus outbreak has forced organisers to scrap activities that could expose more people to the bug that is bringing the world to a standstill.

Khon Kaen Municipality on Thursday announced the cancellation of the Khon Kaen Songkran Festival, leaving only religious ceremonies to be held during the traditional Thai New Year period this year, as organisers were concerned about the virus.

Events were scheduled to run from April 8-15 in the province, which typically boasts the most popular Songkran celebrations in the Northeast. The festival on Khao Niew Road rivals the celebrations seen in the tourist hub of Khao San Road in Bangkok . . .
    For the full report see: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...ngkran-parties

Forum's veteran
    Liked

So, is that the "official" word then - that there will be no "playing water" in Pattaya !! ??? If so that sort of suits me just fine actually as after Bkk it always started to wear a little thin by the time I'd reached Patts for their party. But Im guessing no matter WHAT the Government say that there's stilla fairly high chance of getting blasted whilst on your motorbike when passing a bar when you least expect it to the point of nearly causing an accident !

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    At this moment in time I estimate my temperature to be normal, so unless there is any last minute rise, all should be fine and dandy next month and I’ll be on my merry way back home.
    I hope the situation doesn't come to this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by christianpfc; March 15th, 2020 at 21:30. Reason: fix quote

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Oh in response to my OWN question above and after reading the article ......it seems if that article is correct Pattaya City hall is indeed not only saying "dont play water" but are actually saying that they are cancelling ALL Songkran festivites City wide !?? if so that's quite a big shift if true, with the added info that Bangkok's celebrations are now "looking less certain" also too !?

From that article
    "Pattaya City, meanwhile, has cancelled the traditional Songkran festival called wan lai scheduled for April 18-19. The festival that brings people into the streets for water splashing, as well as religious ceremonies, is normally held after the Songkran holidays in the rest of the country.

All entertainment activities during the festival will be cancelled, the city said.

“We are seeking cooperation from local residents and tourists to refrain from slashing water as it could cause the spread of the virus,” Pattaya Mayor Sonthaya Khunpluem said in a message on his Facebook account on Friday."

Liked

Ah! I thought it was only a matter of time before Cervecería Modelo in Mexico, the producers of Corona Extra, the pale lager, decided it was time to change their brand name to something a little less controversial and more appealing:

Coronavirus 13.jpg

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

catawampuscat (March 10th, 2020), christianpfc (March 15th, 2020)