FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus - Thailand

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Coronavirus - Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    their own favorite airline, BA
    As someone who flies from London to Asia at least twice a year for a number of years I can assure you that BA is definitely NOT our favourite airline. Don’t believe their adverts for one minute

2. User who gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (January 31st, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by mr giggles View Post
    No point in closing the barn door after the horse has bolted.
    I agree there , but stop any more coming in , ,,, thats the point i ment to say

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    But then just those masks are as useless for this as can be . . .
    Well, if wearing a face mask doesn't appeal to you, how about the belt and braces approach taken by these passengers . . .

fb 03.jpg

5. User who gave Like to post:

Zebedee (January 30th, 2020)

Liked

it's bubbleboy!

Liked

I personally think the Chinese should NOT be traveling to ANY other countries for vacations, at this time..stay home...make your travel plans far in the future after this
    virus problem subsides...it is tooooo dangerous to be spreading this all over the world...Sorry,,but no need to take overseas trips RIGHT NOW>..

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    I personally think the Chinese should NOT be traveling to ANY other countries for vacations, at this time...it is tooooo dangerous to be spreading this all over the world...Sorry,,but no need to take overseas trips RIGHT NOW>..
    I am sure this advice will go over as well with the target audience as the advice to the homosexual community that they were all lepers and there was no need for them to have sex RIGHT NOW during the early days of a previous new exotic virus spreading world-wide

Liked

Curiouser and curiouser! cried Jellybean . . .

Health and Science

6,000 tourists in lockdown on Italian cruise ship over coronavirus fears

Published Thu, Jan 30 20209:16 AM ESTUpdated 21 min ago
    Chloe Taylor@ChloeTaylor141

Key Points

• “Sanitary protocol” has been activated amid concerns over the health of an individual traveling on the ship operated by Italian firm Costa Cruises.

• The ship, the Costa Smeralda, reached the Italian port of Civitavecchia on Thursday morning, where it had sailed from Palma in the Spanish island of Mallorca.

The Costa Smeralda cruise ship docked in the Civitavecchia port on January 30, 2020

Some 6,000 tourists are being held on a cruise ship in Italy over fears that a passenger could be infected with the coronavirus.

“Sanitary protocol” has been activated amid concerns over the health of an individual traveling on the ship operated by Italian firm Costa Cruises. The ship reached the Italian port of Civitavecchia on Thursday morning, where it had sailed from Palma in the Spanish island of Mallorca.

Medics onboard had been alerted to a suspected case of the virus in a 54-year-old Chinese woman, who has been kept in isolation alongside her travel companion since Wednesday evening, Costa Cruises confirmed to CNBC.

“As soon as the suspected case was detected, the medical team on board immediately activated all the relevant health procedures to promptly isolate and manage the clinical condition,” a spokesperson for the company said. “The health authority has been immediately notified and is now on board to conduct all the pertinent measures.”

The woman suffering with symptoms of the illness is from Macao, according to some media reports.

According to The Associated Press, health officials were screening 6,000 passengers and 1,000 crew members aboard the ship, and all were being prevented from leaving until the type of virus infecting the woman was determined.

The cruise ship, the Costa Smeralda, had a seven-day itinerary with several stops planned in ports across the West Mediterranean.

More than 8,000 cases of coronavirus have been confirmed worldwide, with 170 deaths reported by Chinese authorities.

The majority of those cases are in mainland China, where at least 7,801 cases have been confirmed. More than 100 cases have been confirmed outside of China, with the virus reported to have reached a number of countries including the United States, Japan and India.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/30/6000...rus-fears.html

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...i wounder with the lack of chinese customers if the mb rate will be affected...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    ...i wounder with the lack of chinese customers if the mb rate will be affected...
    I thought you've always been satisfied with the 500b tip you gave out to the moneyboys irrespective of currency fluctuations and other economic situations.

Liked

Smile Re: Coronavirus - Thailand

The baht is falling rapidly.
    Chinese tourists are no longer going to Thailand.
    The cost of flights is coming down.
    Happy days

13. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (February 1st, 2020), Jellybean (February 1st, 2020)