Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Time for cheaper thrills?

Banned
    Liked

Re: Time for cheaper thrills?

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    At least CNIB (Canadian National Institute for the Blind) think I'm blind, as I'm working with them at the moment.
    Do they have a branch in Vientiane once you get there (if ever)?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Do they have a branch in Vientiane once you get there (if ever)?
    No, but they do have an entrepreneurship and innovation grant available.

Might have to give a few speeches in exchange, but I'm fairly confident I will get it.

Liked

Referring to the OP. The rising baht is becoming an issue for many of us it seems. I've gone the route of buying a condo which I have rented out for the high season. That way it is available when I visit during the low season, when I visit for up to three months. There is also a useful deposit of Thai baht in my bank account from the rental income, which reduces the holiday costs and exchange rate costs.
    I hope to retire to Thailand in the near future, hence the commitment.
    I have a friend who has done the same for the same reasons.
    Property is very good value at the moment, compared with European winter sun destinations for example.

Banned
    Liked

No, but they do have an entrepreneurship and innovation grant available.

Might have to give a few speeches in exchange, but I'm fairly confident I will get it.
    Fabulous - you’ve not paid taxes for years but are now happy to suckle at the taxpayers’ teat. Does it mean you will have to stay in Canada?

Liked

At least CNIB (Canadian National Institute for the Blind) think I'm blind, as I'm working with them at the moment.
    How can they tell? Aren't they blind?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Fabulous - you’ve not paid taxes for years but are now happy to suckle at the taxpayers’ teat. Does it mean you will have to stay in Canada?
    Yeah, I want to get this funded as a typical open source project. That's how about 70% of the software that powers the internet gets funded.

No, I'm not staying in Canada. I'm going to Vientiane to be with Gohn, get a nice house, couple cool dogs again, daily sex with cute 20 year olds everyday, etc.

I don't like Canada. Nobody here is happy, everyone is just busy and "fake happy", if that makes any sense.

Liked

"Fake Happy"
    Actually I've always thought that that trite little sob-description sounds very much like you. Too a 'T' in fact.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

CNIB (Canadian National Institute for the Blind),,,,,,THINK your blind...don't they really know??

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles View Post
    Actually I've always thought that that trite little sob-description sounds very much like you. Too a 'T' in fact.

Well, I'd rather be fake happy than some old grump who wanders around yelling at people all day like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueskytoday View Post
    CNIB (Canadian National Institute for the Blind),,,,,,THINK your blind...don't they really know??
    Or maybe I'm actually just blind. Or maybe the 8 page report from a licensed Canadian optomitrist that I sent them, which states my optic nerves are atropic tipped them off.

Banned
    Liked

Yeah, I want to get this funded as a typical open source project. That's how about 70% of the software that powers the internet gets funded. No, I'm not staying in Canada. I'm going to Vientiane to be with Gohn, get a nice house, couple cool dogs again, daily sex with cute 20 year olds everyday, etc. I don't like Canada. Nobody here is happy, everyone is just busy and "fake happy", if that makes any sense.
    Just to be absolutely clear then - a Canadian taxpayer-funded body for the disabled is paying you to go and live in a foreign country? You've disclosed to them that that's what you'll be doing if they fund you? Or would you like us to do that for you?