Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bars

Liked

Re: Bars

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    LOL. It's so small and has so few customers most of the time you'd wonder why a hungry MB would bother
    Frequent your message was about The Stranger Bar.
    Have you ever been to Soi 4?
    Stranger is indeed only a one shophouse establishment.
    However, it is packed to the doors (or to be pedantic -curtains) every night of the week. Just view or try to pass by between the shows when customers come outside to smoke.
    I base my comments on visiting Soi 4 several nights a week and leaving close to closing time. Even at this time, there are still performances happening and often Connections has many customers (and often not).
    Maybe business boys are put off by Stranger's policy of compulsory purchase of 2 drinks.

2. User who gave Like to post:

francois (September 1st, 2019)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Patanawet View Post
    Frequent your message was about The Stranger Bar.
    Have you ever been to Soi 4?
    Stranger is indeed only a one shophouse establishment.
    However, it is packed to the doors (or to be pedantic -curtains) every night of the week. Just view or try to pass by between the shows when customers come outside to smoke.
    I base my comments on visiting Soi 4 several nights a week and leaving close to closing time. Even at this time, there are still performances happening and often Connections has many customers (and often not).
    Maybe business boys are put off by Stranger's policy of compulsory purchase of 2 drinks.
    More precisely Patanawet, apparently it gets busy late at night - I sleep early. On the other hand as everyone knows I’ve never been to Thailand or Pattaya

4. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (September 2nd, 2019)

Liked

More precisely Patanawet, apparently it gets busy late at night
    Indeed frequent.
    The soi is generally quiet before about 9:30 and peaks at about 10:30.

I think that the shows at Stranger start about 9:30 and fairly continuous till closing. A bit more than bar prices and compulsory minimum 2 drinks purchase.
    Show at Telephone at 10:30 Wednesdays and Sundays.15 minutes duration. Normal prices.
    Shows at Balcony at 10:45 Fridays and Saturdays. Starting and finishing with Coyote dancers. Show duration about one hour. Normal prices.
    Show at Jupiter (I think at 10:30) after midnight.changes to karaoke . I think 500 Baht per drink.
    Show at Banana Club Room, above 'Banana Bar on 4' (from Twilight Fresh Boys). Not sure of times. Cheaper than other gogo bars at 300 Baht per drink.
    If anyone has more accurate timings or prices, please feel free to correct.
    Last edited by Patanawet; September 2nd, 2019 at 18:02. Reason: Trying to be a little more grammatically correct

Liked

Banana Bar on 4 shows are 10.10(!), and 12.00

7. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 3rd, 2019), Patanawet (September 3rd, 2019)

Liked

Thanks Keith.
    In fact, Banana Bar on the ground floor, as far as I know, has no shows but upstairs there is the ex Twilight Fresh Boys initially called Banana Boys but now it is Banana Room Club.
    Oddly Banana on 4 (the ground floor) hasn't had it's illuminated name sign on for several weeks but is certainly still open and seems to be very popular..

Banned
    Liked

Indeed frequent.
    The soi is generally quiet before about 9:30 and peaks at about 10:30.

I think that the shows at Stranger start about 9:30 and fairly continuous till closing. A bit more than bar prices and compulsory minimum 2 drinks purchase.
    Attending occupational therapy for lip-synching cross-dressers aka. drag shows has never been a hobby of mine. It is, however, a thin line between what is and isn't a MB - the OP's question, after all. I've "had" one of Stranger's waiters in exchange for money on a few occasions (matinees you understand, not during their working hours). They're easy enough to chat up in the early evening

10. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (September 3rd, 2019)

Liked

I've "had" one of Stranger's waiters in exchange for money on a few occasions (matinees you understand, not during their working hours). They're easy enough to chat up in the early evening
    Looking for a WOW !!! emoji

Banned
    Liked

Looking for a WOW !!! emoji
    I'm merely responding to Moses' assertion that the owner of Strangers "makes money boys unwelcome". He probably purses his lips as well

Liked

One of the MB that I meet in Bangkok is currently working at Strangers Bar. I met him there for a drink. Apologies for my txt 're Banana Bar, I meant the show upstairs.

14. User who gave Like to post:

frequent (September 3rd, 2019)