Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Employer Rip Off

Liked

Re: Employer Rip Off

Same thing happened my BF when he was working in Rome Hotel in Pattaya
    At the end of first month they told him he wasn't being paid his agreed salary as he had been in "training" so we wrote if off down to experience

In the second month he racked up 40 hours overtime (they were short staffed in reception) and they refused to pay any of that (despite promising to) and only gave him half his salary.... as he was once again "training" - no idea how you can be in training when you are the only one in reception!

He quit at the end of month 2... Thankfully the business failed not so long after and the owners got everything they deserved!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (August 7th, 2019), joe552 (August 8th, 2019), llz (August 7th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    The above advice by gerefan2 is the best advice I've read so far, Postboy. If I were you, I'd take his advice, send the money to your boyfriend, chalk it up to a bad experience and put the matter behind you. Whilst the amount is no doubt significant to your boyfriend, it probably isn’t to you and not worth all the hassle of attempting, and doubtless failing, to get the hotel to pay up.
    Nonsense. Why should Postboy compensate his boyfriend for lost of income after being fired from his job? We don't know the full story here other than the typical "boss no good" excuse - it's always the other person's fault, isn't it? Some companies view the borrowing of money from colleagues as a serious disciplinary breach as it can give rise to conflicts of interest at the workplace and create a toxic work environment. And borrowers tend to be habitual.

Even if the boyfriend has a legitimate grievance, it's not Postboy's responsibility to pay him compensation. If I were to get fired from my job, my dad isn't going to pay me one month's salary. A scolding would be more likely. Going through hardship and "hassle" as Jellybean put it is part and parcel of working life and being an adult the world over. We are talking about an adult here, aren't we?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

One more thing. Jellybean says to pay the bf and "chalk it up to bad experience." And what would the bf learn from this "bad experience" - fuck up and sugardaddy will bail him out?

Liked

Poor boy. I hope it was his first job, apart from making his boyfriend happy.
    The best option for him now is a good foundation apprenticeship in Singapore to properly prepare him for the working life.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by dinagam View Post
    Poor boy. I hope it was his first job, apart from making his boyfriend happy.
    The best option for him now is a good foundation apprenticeship in Singapore to properly prepare him for the working life.
    Unfortunately, being fired from his first job (or any job for that matter) and being bailed out by his boyfriend, would not look too good on his resume for an apprenticeship anywhere. But Lucky Boys might take him.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I see this as a request for money, pure and simple. Maybe a sophisticated one for a Thai boy.

8. User who gave Like to post:

Nirish guy (August 8th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'm sure a repayment plan of some sort can be worked out.....

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I see this as a request for money, pure and simple. Maybe a sophisticated one for a Thai boy.
    Without knowing the guy, it is difficult to know, but that thought also crossed my mind. Definitely a distinct possibility.