Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pattaya Institutions

Liked

Re: Pattaya Institutions

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    "No, Venue was opened in 2009"
    That sounds about right ... for the name 'Venue'.
    Before that the hotel was named 'Bondi' and went by that name for some time before it was sold (around?) 2009 ~ and then fully renovated. We stayed at the Bondi two or three times in the early 2000's.
    Actually, the Bondi owner should probably have kept the place! The Jomtien Complex was much quieter back then (but still mostly gay) and has only really taken off around 2010 and has not stopped since then. More host bars now than either Sunnee or Boyztown ... though no Gogo.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Monty, though sadly now partying in the great go go bar in the sky was definitely a Pattaya institution. With his endless openings of this business or that he achieved nrar universal acclaim/criticism when he poisoned Neal with soup.

The only man to have opened a go go bar in Jomtien.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Monty, though sadly now partying in the great go go bar in the sky was definitely a Pattaya institution.
    I suspect many of us may be looking forward to our 72 virgin gogo boys in Heaven. Perhaps Monty can echo the words of Jesus “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am“ (John 14:3)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    I suspect many of us may be looking forward to our 72 virgin gogo boys in Heaven. Perhaps Monty can echo the words of Jesus “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am“ (John 14:3)
    Now not that I'm suggesting I'm Jesus of anything here, but just to give you all a heads up - if "I'" ever go to prepare that place for you, I have to warn you that by the time you get there there may be be slightly less than the advertised 72 virgins, in fact depending how long it take you to get there there may in deed be ZERO virgins left so I wouldn't dilly dally if I were you !

* PS this opens an interesting question I think also posted my Joe the other week......so, if you WERE getting your whole 72 guys etc......so would you actually WANT 72 VIRGINS or 72 experienced guys who knew what they were doing as in my experience virgins are bloody hard work and can be a bit hit and miss for the first while at least, I wonder would Jesus consider a 70/30% split on that deal perhaps ??

Oh and going back to institutions ( and this is more re my OCD) but I'm not gutted that in the new Castro show bar that the old "Copa" interval music has now gone ( i.e "Copa, copacabananaaaa rift, complete with the repeating camera shutter sound at the end of it" - I was gutted when i first realised, I felt like I'd lost a dear friend ! lol And MORE annoyingly the management have replaced it another set piece tune that they've been using for a while now BUT they're using it in ALL their bars - as are the VENUE ! so now no matter WHAT show bar you're in they all sound the same and you almost forget you've moved bars ! :-(

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    Perhaps Monty can echo the words of Jesus “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am“ (John 14:3)
    given his somewhat limited success in attracting large numbers to the places he prepared for us before I don't necessarily see this second coming being that successful, particularly with Leviticus and friends trying to divert us elsewhere along the way!

still I hope at least the food is better and the seating more comfortable

Liked

As a Perpetual Pattaya Institution: The last 30 kilometers of highway driving into Pattaya.
    It's been in never-ending renovations for 20+ years now (at least). The horrific dust; the continual shutdown of various lanes of the highway for no obvious reason; the 10,000 Thai ladies wearing scarfs held on with yellow safety helmets and sweeping said dust into the huge gutters along side the one lane, thus said dust rises up in the air in slow motion like a Mt Krakatoa eruption then comes back to settle on one's car; the half built toll booths with not a person on guard; the 25,000 young men/workers who seem to be perpetually having lunch sitting in said gutters and said dust; the gigantic stoppages of all driver movement lasting 20 minutes+ only to find out there was no reason for the stoppage except said lunch; the non existent Porto Potties ... say no more: said tree-less gutters.
    Surely that deserves the the designation of 'Institution', any day?

I'm waiting for the Thais to beg the French to give the Highway to Hell a stage in the 2022 Tour de France.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

No Smiles. NO NO NO.
    It leads to Pattaya and we only take it when going there.
    "Highway to Hell."
    Highway to Heaven methinks. If you're doing it right that is. Haha.