Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jomtien being raided as I type

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Jomtien being raided as I type

then explain to simple me why thailand is so safe, I can wander all over bkk and pattaya sozzled out of my brain and not once have i been mugged,. If the cops were so useless would it not be a total wild west out there? They must be doing something right if the place is so safe.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    then explain to simple me why thailand is so safe, I can wander all over bkk and pattaya sozzled out of my brain and not once have i been mugged,. If the cops were so useless would it not be a total wild west out there? They must be doing something right if the place is so safe.
    I think you'll find Kitty Litter doesn't understand rhetorical questions and believes you actually expect an answer

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    It’s 12.30am and needless to say the music has stopped in all bars and chairs are being put away and whilst I’m all for law and order (ish) you really have to wonder at the logic of such raids during the lowest of low season when Pattaya is already low enough on tourists ( who have been totally ignored by the police by the way just for reference).
    I can't image a less intrusive time for a raid. For those who go to bed early (like me), that would be the perfect time to leave. Those who like to stay up until the sun rises have to find another place anyway. Low season, low impact. And they didn't bother tourists.

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    then explain to simple me why Thailand is so safe,...
    Their cultural and religious background. The are Thai are non-violent people. Only when drunk or in extreme situations is violence on the agenda.

On the subject of police, in Germany it's similar. If you as a German park your car in the wrong spot you will feel the full force of the law. As an illegal immigrant trading drugs or raping girls, you will get a very lenient treatment. Can't even blame our police as they are underpaid and overworked, the politicians are to blame.

4. 4 Users gave Like to post:

atri1666 (July 22nd, 2019), goji (July 23rd, 2019), llz (July 24th, 2019), Wolzek (July 22nd, 2019)

Liked

Spoke to a Lao friend via the Internet last night. He was in his room at a time he would normally be in his bar in Boyztown. He said the police were checking all the Go Go Boys they could find for illegals. He said the current clamp down was the worst since he'd been in Pattaya which is about eight months.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    I think you'll find Kitty Litter doesn't understand rhetorical questions and believes you actually expect an answer
    Well Frequent Fuckwhit - Latin's rhetorical question makes the point that Thailand is safe...hmmm..well it probably is safe if you are a male tourist spending money.

Maybe the average Thai would agree that Thailand is safe maybe they would not agree. Thailand has high corruption, large wealth distribution inequities, one of the highest traffic fatality rates in the world, etc. The average Thai does not appear to be safe from corruption - theft from those in power, traffic accidents..etc.
    An irony of this discussion is that the Jomtien complex stood empty for many years as the original developer half built the place then disappeared with huge sums of money (that is the story I have been told by several people). Thailand does not appear to be that safe for the average investor. Safe is a relative. Safe for who? or is it whom???

Gee Frequent Fuckwhit..I would think that you would have more nuance in your thinking..as you do sometimes seem to be a bit of a bright guy.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    On the subject of police, in Germany it's similar. If you as a German park your car in the wrong spot you will feel the full force of the law. As an illegal immigrant trading drugs or raping girls, you will get a very lenient treatment. Can't even blame our police as they are underpaid and overworked, the politicians are to blame.
    Christianpfc - your post sounds like some victim-hood post; Nationalist propaganda - illegal immigrants raping girls and selling drugs with impunity? The impunity resulting from their status as outsiders? That sounds like total crap.

8. 5 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (July 23rd, 2019), dinagam (July 22nd, 2019), joe552 (July 24th, 2019), Khor tose (July 23rd, 2019), sglad (July 23rd, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    I can't image a less intrusive time for a raid. For those who go to bed early (like me), that would be the perfect time to leave. Those who like to stay up until the sun rises have to find another place anyway. Low season, low impact. And they didn't bother tourists.

Their cultural and religious background. The are Thai are non-violent people. Only when drunk or in extreme situations is violence on the agenda.

Help me out, Christian; I have only been in Germany a few hours in Frankfurt and a few hours in Bremerhaven, a long time ago in both cases What happens to the illegal immigrant who misparks his car? What happens to a rapist who is a German citizen whose ancestors have been there since Frederick the Great?

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

dinagam (July 22nd, 2019), joe552 (July 24th, 2019), kittyboy (July 22nd, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Thai citizens who criticise the junta aren't safe....even those who escape to Laos. Their bodies tend to wind up in the Mekong.

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (July 23rd, 2019), joe552 (July 24th, 2019), kittyboy (July 22nd, 2019)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Thai citizens who criticise the junta aren't safe....even those who escape to Laos. Their bodies tend to wind up in the Mekong.
    Hmm..so being safe in Thailand for locals is partly about who you are, who you know, and how compliant you are with the ruling junta.

I guess Frequent Fuckwhit and Latin need to think a bit more about what it means to be safe in thailand.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by kittyboy View Post
    Christianpfc - your post sounds like some victim-hood post; Nationalist propaganda - illegal immigrants raping girls and selling drugs with impunity? The impunity resulting from their status as outsiders? That sounds like total crap.
    Don't forget Christian showed sympathy with the 3rd Reich a few years ago

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

kittyboy (July 23rd, 2019), sglad (July 23rd, 2019)