List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Age range of customers at gogos?

Banned
    Liked

Re: Age range of customers at gogos?

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    ... they'll view you as some dumb, naive kid,
    We only have to read your posts to know the truth of that

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    At arm’s length, no doubt.
    Who's been talking?! How did you know my penis is almost the length of my arm?

Liked

Did cdnmattt overstay his visa that he isn't allowed anymore for so many years?

Or he was working without a work visa? Looking at his age I expect the last. But more than 4 years not being allowed into Thailand is quite a harsh punishment.

Liked: 1

I was wondering the same thing Levelheaded, I'm about to visit for my first time as well in the summer.

I kind of just assume the go-go boys see all kinds of ages so they won't assume you will be cheap just because you're in your 20s.
    I am wondering how easy it will be to find someone else in the same age range to go to check out the bars with or do most people go solo?

Liked

Yeah, I overstayed about 4.5 years. Well, 7 years actually, but I did clear the overstay once in the middle.

Yep, it is harsh, but that's what happens under military rule I guess. Even the customs officer in Canada wouldn't believe me that all I did was overstay, and was sure I must have comitted some criminal act to get blacklisted for 5 years.

Oh well, I'll just go to Vientiane. Hell, it's only 2 hours drive from where I used to live, and VISA there is no problem.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Whoever made that comment, Levelheaded, probably meant that many go-go boys are more concerned about the customer's ability to pay and, in some cases, pay handsomely rather than their age or appearance. Given your young age, I would imagine you will attract considerable attention from the go-go boys.
    The boys you mentioned would more likely be from gay boys right (the attention)? Don’t see why the (straight) one would prefer me over another if I’m just a dude with money lol

And you all are funny haha. But yes, I’ll probably come off as naive but I’ll make the best of it at this point

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I'll just go to Vientiane. Hell, it's only 2 hours drive from where I used to live, and VISA there is no problem.
    And yet you're STILL in Canada.........

Liked

You are a digital nomad cdnmattt?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by stev3 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing Levelheaded, I'm about to visit for my first time as well in the summer.

I kind of just assume the go-go boys see all kinds of ages so they won't assume you will be cheap just because you're in your 20s.
    I am wondering how easy it will be to find someone else in the same age range to go to check out the bars with or do most people go solo?
    Welcome to the forum stev3.

I have no reason to believe that bar boys will assume you are cheap simply because of your age. Other members may have a different opinion. Irrespective of the customers’ age, they will want paid the going commercial rate (the fees in Pattaya are, for example, cheaper than in Bangkok); some may attempt to obtain above the going rate if they suspect you are a complete newbie.

But on this topic, Levelheaded specifically referred to customers at go-go bars, so most of the comments so far have related to the commercial scene where you pay for the company of a bar-boy (of legal age). A younger person can however expect to find company in a gay club, such as D J Station in Bangkok, without payment, just as he would in any other gay club in the world.

Also in Bangkok, on Soi 4 (side street 4) off Silom Road, there are two bars and restaurants called Telephone Bar and Balcony Bar. They are not host or go-go bars and you could visit either of them for a drink and/or a meal and get talking with someone in your own age group and enquire about visiting the bars and/or clubs together. Customers visit the go-go bars with a friend, a group of friends or on their own. You will not attract any adverse comments from customers for simply being on your own, well, not in my experience.

Banned
    Liked

Yep, it is harsh, but that's what happens under military rule I guess.
    Your current argument is that visa overstayers are only punished by military governments???