Quote Originally Posted by bobsaigon2 View Post
SG, I can’t figure out your mindset in this thread. For years you’ve been a very active habitué of a gay forum, which might indicate a certain tolerance for varied sexual inclinations, but in this thread your rules that a gay man must follow to be deemed ‘decent’ sound like something that might be expressed by a Deacon of the Church of Scotland. (BTW, if you’re interested, C of S diaconates are possible for men engaged in same sex relationships.)

Why use the demeaning “prostitute” instead of bar boy or similar? I think you and frequent are the only ones who use that term. Are you insinuating that you have never been ‘tainted’ by contact with MB’s and that the only Asian you’ve been intimate with is your Vietnamese partner (who, according to your standards, should not be more than 20 years your junior) and we are meant to understand that your relationship with him is completely monogamous?

….hiring a different prostitute every night over a period of decades….
Surely said just for effect. No one hires a different boy every night for years on end, especially not anyone in his mid-70’s.

Broadly speaking, …… if he's habitually and regularly paying to fuck or be fucked by a different random stranger every night….. then it's far from "decent" by the definition of the word.
What has his sex life, presumably carried out in private, got to do with being a decent individual? Among the farangs I’ve met in Thailand, some have been butterflies and some into LTR’s. But most seemed to be decent, caring individuals who in their home countries would not be met with any opprobrium.

I'm also suggesting that a mid-70's gay desperado who habitually and constantly behaves in such a slutty fashion……. is in no position to attempt to belittle others over the arrangements they choose to make with their long-term partners.
The last time I heard such belittlement was when latin was still posting. Some forum members have eschewed LTR’s but I don’t recall those members being critical of those who do have a partner.

You just seem not to approve of people over a certain age doing what younger men do in Thailand. Really not clear what you think is acceptable farang-money boy dynamics.

What would qualify as decent in most people’s opinion surely would need to be stated in terms of which people you are referencing. I’m sure you could get most farangs in Thailand to agree on what is decent behavior regarding interactions with Thai guys, but of course if the details were broadcast, that would not meet the decency standards of straight, mainstream society. Yes, there are certainly dissolute reprobates and raddled old queens who would not meet anyone’s decency standards, but they do not make up the majority of gay farang in Thailand.

Just a thought.
And a damn good and lucent thought.